close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen4 GLOCKS and knuckle pain.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by greenlion, Mar 4, 2012.

1. greenlion

greenlion

Jul 25, 2009
    North Carolina
    If you don't choose the correct backstrap to fit your hand size in the Gen4 GLOCKS, you could be causing yourself more recoil discomfort than is necessary.

View attachment 223479

Note how the flat bone of my middle finger is perfectly in line with the flat portion of the bottom of the trigger guard on this older G19. The knuckle is out to the side of the trigger guard.

View attachment 223480

Compare that image to this shot of a friend's newer Gen4 GLOCK 23 without a backstrap addition. You can see how the smaller circumference of the frame lets the large knuckle of my middle finger drift just far enough under the trigger guard to be hit upon recoil. I shoot .40 cal a lot, but 50 rounds of .40S&W wore that knuckle out. It might not be as noticeable in 9mm, but none of us have a GEN4 9mm yet to test.

Adding the Medium backstrap to the Gen4 GLOCK moves my knuckle back out from under the triggerguard, and feels as comfortable as the GLOCKS i've been shooting for years.

For folks with even longer fingers, the large backstrap might be needed to keep that knuckle out from under the trigger guard.

2. greenlion

greenlion

Jul 25, 2009
    North Carolina
    Here is a shot of the Gen4 GLOCK with the medium backstrap installed. It places my finger very close to the older Gen3 size.

View attachment 223481

and with the Large Backstrap installed. It moves my knuckle even further out from under the trigger guard. This one is a little too large for me.

G23L.JPG

3. berfles

berfles

Jan 22, 2012
    Whitehall, PA
    None of your attachment links work, just a heads up.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  4. you need to use your knuckle more often. by the time I graduated high school, my knuckles were worn out :)

5. greenlion

greenlion

Jul 25, 2009
    North Carolina
    Attachments never work for me on GLOCK TALK. I can't figure why one attachment would have worked and the other 3 would not (all same computer/same size/same camera) ???

I'm trying to post them again, but nothing will upload now. I've cleared out all the uploads except the one that shows up, and it still won't upload them. Sorry guys.

6. greenlion

greenlion

Jul 25, 2009
    North Carolina
    Maybe the Admin would delete this entire post and I will try it again later ??

7. greenlion

greenlion

Jul 25, 2009
    North Carolina
    Oh well. I posted the pics and info over on THE HIGH ROAD forums under Semiauto Handguns and everything worked fine, if anyone wants to see the pics.

8. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf

May 6, 2010
    gen4 fits me perfectly. I don't use any back straps.

9. greenlion

greenlion

Jul 25, 2009
    North Carolina
    You shooting 9mm, .40, .45 ... ?

10. ViennaGambit

ViennaGambit

Dec 19, 2009
    I dremelled down and shaped the right side of the trigger guard a bit and that fixed the problem on my Gen 4 G26 entirely. Best 5 minute modification ever!!!

I went for the G17 over the G19 as the finger spacing is a bit wider and doesnt hurt my knuckle.

Here are some pics:

Unmodified side:
    [​IMG]

Modified side:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012