close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen4 G19 experiment -- Lone Wolf extractor

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by skyboss_4evr, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1

The UPS Guy just delivered my Lone Wold Extractor just a few minutes ago. Plan on going shooting Tuesday and hope all goes well.

2. Wickersham

Wickersham

Also,

the Armorer at Lone Wolf said that their extractor was indeed Cast (non MIM) and based on old 3rd spec from Glock.

Very sad on Glock's part that owners must turn to aftermarket parts to get reliability. I probably won't be buying any more Glocks and hope I never need any parts for the ones I have since they have decided to put cost savings over their reputation for perfection. I guess it was just matter of time - just about every company nowadays is putting out junk.... :steamed:

3. bentbiker

bentbiker

And, just for clarification, there is no evidence that ALL guns will have a problem with the new style. It could well be that a healthy percentage of guns will tolerate them fine, but some (maybe with extractor slots at the tight end of the spec) cause interference. What I've been screaming for 9 months is that of those with a problem, a high percentage (all?) get relief if they switch to an extractor without the dip. Your post is one of at least three where success has possibly also been achieved by polishing/filing the original. Also, many people did the same thing by just shooting a lot; although it was often thought to be a softening of the spring that solved the problem over this time frame, I think it should now be evident that the problem has never been the spring -- a softer spring has just been a bandaid for the real problem.

4. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

I figured it was cast, I could see mold lines on it. At least Lone Wolf extractors are in spec.

5. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

Well, I just got off the phone with the rep at Glock with whom I discussed the extractor issue a couple weeks ago. I let him know that I've been seeing more and more complaints on GlockTalk about their extractors. He advised me that they are aware of the issue, that they believe it's more an issue with the coating than the dimensions, and that they have made Austria aware of the problem, which could certainly explain why some (such as in my Gen4 G27) function fine, while others do not.

He also mentioned they did compare older OEM extractors to the newer ones (with the dip) and found that the older ones fit and functioned better. In his words, "For over 20 years we've been the hallmark of reliability and that hasn't been the case lately and we need to fix that." I told him I was glad to hear this is being taken seriously, at least by the folks in Smyrna. I guess now it's up to the engineers in Austria to come up with a solution. But for what it's worth, these complaints have not fallen on deaf ears in Smyrna.

He again thanked me for my call and the information I've provided. So hopefully we're on our way to getting a simple, yet disruptive problem solved!

I'll add that I am a big fan of Glocks and firearms in general. And it bothers me to see folks spending upwards of $600 on a gun, especially Glock, and having issues with a part that was recently changed when it was never broken to begin with! It's especially bothersome when it's someone new to firearms buying his/her first pistol who doesn't have the knowledge yet to troubleshoot it him or herself like so many of us. These are the reasons why I've been on the phone with Smyrna so much lately.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  6. bunk22

bunk22

I am one of those with a late model Gen 3 G19 who had issues with brass being thrown back into my face every 12-15 rounds or so. Last week, shot 100 rounds of WWB NATO 124-gr with about 5-6 brass into my face, pretty much standard every time I went to the range. Got my Wolfe extractor today, installed it and went to the range to shoot 100 rounds of WWB NATO 124-gr and not a single piece of brass back into my face.

7. greyeyezz

greyeyezz

Received my LW extractor. My G32 is from 08 so I'll compare extractors to the new LW.

BTW i never had any problem with extraction with any ammo.

Detail photos

sorry
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  8. greyeyezz

greyeyezz

I say this is wrong extr.

9. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

Glad to hear the LW extractor fixed you up!

10. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

So they asked the engineers what the problem could be, the same engineers who designed the G21SF ambi mag release, and the engineers expectedly responded that the issue must be with the finish applied to the extractors, not the engineers' new extractor design. :upeyes:

I fail to understand why these engineers are still employed.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  11. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Gen4 BETATester

I have to agree even thought its possible the new finish is thicker then the old finish and brings the part out of spec. I am guessing the new finish or new adapter design must be cheaper. What other reason is there not to just switch back to the old design.

12. HotRoderX

Great follow up with Glock
    Did they offer any fix since you had to use aftermarket parts to get the gun to function appropriately? Something like sending you a older designed Gen 3 extractor?

I think the most disturbing fact about all this is there has not been a recall. These Guns are used to for SD and by law enforcement. What happens if a police officer or civilian is in a life or death situation and gets blinded by brass flying into there eyes. What happens if they have a FTE or FTF because of extractor/spring and it cost them there life. Glock needs to come out formally on this. I think that's whats been so upsetting to me at least.

13. guns54

guns54 toni

Thank you Sir, Very good post. , Have a safe night.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  14. guns54

guns54 toni

Yes it will.

15. dgbee456

dgbee456

Ordered my LoneWolf 9mm Extractor because the shell cases were headed toward my face with the new "dipped" LCI extractor,
    I think that I might order some glock OEM from places and hope I get the non dipped style 9mm extractors when I get paid next month.

16. JimD303

JimD303

17. JBP55

JBP55

It looks as if the OEM extractor did a better job. They would both work better with a lighter recoil spring.

18. JBarbaresi

JBarbaresi

i have never really watched myself shooting 3rd person before. since undertaking this "experiment" i've gone on youtube and watched a lot of people shooting and paid attention to the extraction/ejections, especially hickok45. i have notice that even with gen3 glocks there is the occasional random ejection to the left or straight back.

i value your opinion because i know your experience level and ability to make objective comments. am i making a mountain out of a mole hill based off what you see in that video?

19. HotRoderX

That is odd results I didn't video tape my self shooting but still odd. I got zero brass to the face and my brass was ejecting a good deal further then with stock. I really hope that all your gun needs is the recoil spring to be upgraded also. I hope there isn't any more issues other then Recoil spring and Extractors.