close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gen2 Glocks (17 and 19)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Marcus99, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Marcus99

Marcus99

Sep 9, 2010
    NH
    Is it just me, or have the older 2nd generation Glocks mostly disappeared from the market? I've been looking for clean, excellent condition Glock 17 and 19's and found very little.

For instance, I searched through about 190 listings on gunbroker under "Glock 19" and came up with maybe five G19's that were gen2's. I realize those are perhaps the hottest of all the gen2's, but my search under "Glock 17" turned up a similar quantity as well.

Whats the cause? Are these being snatched up quicker these days as doubt lingers over the current gen3/gen4 reliability (justified or not)?

2. Z71

Z71

Oct 29, 2006
    OK
    Oh?..Probably not. I just imagine that since the gunstore shelves are about bare these days...all the gen.2 Glocks just got new homes...:crying:

3. I've owned all of them and can't say the Gen 2 holds more attraction than my Gen 3 and 4.

Finger grooves and internal updates make 3 and 4 Gens higher on my buy list. But the right priced Gen 2 should never be passed up. Example; Gen 2 Glock 19 in pawn shop in Utah recently for $450.... After gabbing and shooting the breeze with employee, I figured they were into it right. Sure enough, $400 OTD. Pawn shop employees are people too treat them with respect and regard, and you can flourish.

4. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    I am often asked to keep an eyeout for certain guns. Recently, I was asked to look for a G22 for a guy about to start internship, and possible employment, with a local leaw enforcement agency. I found one, a 2nd gen, in a local shop. They had it priced at 499 with one magazine. I told them I knew of a possible buyer but needed to know their bottom dollar price. He ended up getting it for 350 and tax.

Light rails do nothing for me as far as concealed carry and the finger grooves are the worst thing about Glocks. They don't help me maintain a grip and I get the feeling they prevent me from getting as good a grip as I can with a 2nd gen.

5. DougW

DougW Native Texan

May 9, 2003
    North Texas
    I don't like the finger grooves, so both of my G19's are 2nd gen, and one of the G17's is 1st gen. Even my G26 is an early gen pistol without the checkering on the front of the grip (it has the finger grooves). The 3rd gen G17 is fine though.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  6. bruzer

bruzer

Apr 18, 2011
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    We all know that Glocks can't last more than a few years because they'll melt, or get brittle. Remember all the things that were said about them 30 years ago? Haha
    Good luck and stay safe,
    Mike

7. dewidmt

dewidmt Gunaholic

May 25, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Just picked up a minty Gen2 G21 from a fellow today...new night sights and all...$450!!!

8. Some pawn shops have policy to buy Glocks for only a certain amount, say $250.

If you can deal with people, there is money to be saved, regardless of which Generation firearm you please.