close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gen 4 with iwb holster can you or not?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Miranda, Dec 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Miranda

Miranda

Nov 22, 2007
    Does the textured grips on the stock make hamburger meat out of your side with a gen 4 used in a iwb holster? I thought I could use my 3rd gen with the talon gip panels for just a short time WRONG! I love the talon grips but you can forget using them with a iwb.

2. Palmguy

Palmguy Boom.

Oct 29, 2006
    NW FL
    I don't much care for the RTF2 IWB without an undershirt but the Gen4 is fine for me.

3. offshorebear

offshorebear

Nov 1, 2010
    My Gen4 19 seems fine. You know its there, but doesn't cause harm. It's in a comptac spartan, so there is little protection for my body.

4. JPMuscle

JPMuscle

Sep 27, 2008
    wimps

lol

If Ihad my my everygun I own would have 20lpi over the entire grip surface but thats me haha

5. VT RAIDER

VT RAIDER

Jul 31, 2009
    No issues with an IWB with my Gen 4 RTF3 texture...

6. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    I had my shirt scraped a little by the RTF 2 but the Gen 4 has not been an issue.

7. tim12232

tim12232 Pistolero

Aug 15, 2011
    midwest
    doesnt your back/side love handles just get a little calloused? I notice it, but I know that it will be less noticeable with time!

8. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Apr 23, 2011
    Central Texas
    I'm fine with mine in either a Comp-Tac MTAC or a Remora holster...just got back from two days of driving back through Texas, and everything was fine. I could see the imprint of the grip on my side (I was just wearing a t-shirt over everything) but it didn't really bother me as much as sitting in the driver's seat :supergrin:

I really like IWB when I can have a t-shirt in between the holster and me.

9. Have a Gen 4 19. I carry in a Kholster. No problems for me.

10. bruzer

bruzer

Apr 18, 2011
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    I switch between IWB RTF2 and Gen 4 in a PJ Holster. They both take some getting used to, no doubt about it.
    Mike

11. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    The RTF 2 took some skin and my shirt. The Gen 4 is not as rough but can scratch a little. It also depends of the holster you use many of the Kydex/Leather ones like Crossbreed have the leather backing if you dont get the combat cut.

:50cal:

12. T-Rod45

T-Rod45 Loves The Glock

Apr 28, 2010
    CT
    One of the reasons I went with a Gen4 is that I love my Gen3's with Talon grips but can't carry them. The texture of the Gen4 is fine and I carry 12 hours a day or more...

[​IMG]