close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 4 vs Gen 3 tear down differences

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cookselk, Apr 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. cookselk

cookselk

At one of the GSSF matches right after the introduction of the gen 4's I recall the armorer saying that there was a difference in how the 4's are assembled. I think he was talking about the trigger mech housing and trigger spring orientation. What should I know about assembly or disassembly of a Gen 4? Are there any other differences? Besides the mainspring assembly/slide, magazine release and the difference in the grips, are there any other unique parts to the gen 4's?

2. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Strictly speaking of assembly and disassembly, they are IDENTICAL.

Unique parts:
    1. Gen4 - A more scalloped trigger housing to cater to the new smaller grip.
    2. Gen4 - Trigger bar has a dimple where it meets the firing safety plunger. This adds to the weight of the trigger pull.
    3. Gen4 - The obvious muzzle end of the slide has a bigger recessed/beveled hole for the dual recoil spring to sit.
    4. Gen4 - Barrels I believe have a bigger recess near the chamber for the dual recoil to sit in.
    5. Gen4 - Newer manufacturered version come with the dot connector to help with the trigger pull.

Other than those minor things they are identical.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012

3. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Glockalfeliac

My G23 Gen 4 seemed to be identical to a Gen 3, I put a - connector and 6lb spring in it. The Gen 3 parts worked just fine. The only difference I noticed was that the Gen 4 trigger bar has a bump on the side of the portion pressing up on the firing pin safety, but I replaced it with a Gen 3 smooth trigger.

4. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

For a while when the Gen4's were first released, some Gen3's and Gen4's required either setting the trigger bar forward and/or depressing the firing pin safety with the muzzle of the slide pointed to the ground.

:dunno: