close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gen 4 spring replacement kit

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Riggs83, Nov 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Riggs83

Riggs83

Jul 15, 2010
    Does anyone know if someone sells a gen 4 spring replacement kit? On a G19 is the recoil spring the only difference from previous generations?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Apr 25, 2009
    SE Colorado
    The recoil spring and slide lock spring are different for a Gen4 G19. I only know of one retailer that sells the Gen4 Compact(G19/23/32) slide lock spring, glockparts.com:
    http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=296241&CAT=741

The magazine springs, magazine catch spring, trigger spring, firing pin spring, firing pin safety spring, and extractor depressor plunger spring are all the same as previous Gen G19's. The slide stop with spring is also the same as previous Gen G19's.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012

3. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Louisiana
    Agree with Voyager. Glockparts is your best bet. AND ....... they use USPS mailing so shipping is very reasonable. I just ordered springs for my 19 and 26 and the shipping was $3.00!

4. 2011glockarmorer

2011glockarmorer

Mar 28, 2012
    Glock has another double recoil spring for the G-17, and yes, it is different than the original " replacement " spring.

I bought a Gen 3 (single spring) with an adapter to replace the double spring in my Gen-4 ........... not good! Never had a FTF before the change. Needless to say, I'm back with the double spring.