close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 4 RSA Used in Gen 3?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bam1131, Apr 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. bam1131

bam1131

I have a friend who wants to try a gen 4 dual RSA in his gen 3(I have no idea why). Is this even possible? I have found a conversion for the Gen 4 to use the earlier generation springs but not the other way around. I know the ends of the gen4 and gen3 RSAs are different

I've searched for the answer but I haven't been able to find anything. My friend is convinced my gen 4's recoil is infinitely smoother than his. I think there is only a small difference, but I thought I'd humor him and see if I could find the answer. So any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  2. Raleigh Glocker

Raleigh Glocker

The Gen 4 RSA is a larger diameter, which is why you can use a Gen 3 RSA and a spacer to make its smaller rod fit a bigger hole.

The Gen 3 slide does not have a big enough hole to cycle over the Gen 4 RSA. Period.

3. beagbox

beagbox

Not possible. It won't fit with gen 3 frame..

4. bam1131

bam1131

That is what I figured. I just didn't have a gen 3 or the specs in front of me to make a comparison. Thanks guys

5. Raleigh Glocker

Raleigh Glocker

There are aftermarket Gen 3 RSAs that your friend might like. I've never tried them, but some people swear by them.