close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 4 Recoil Springs

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Pythonman, Jul 27, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Pythonman

Pythonman

I have a new Gen 3 Glock 34 on order which should arrive tomorrow and in comparing the Gen 3 to the Gen 4 it seems that the most significant change that would matter to me is the new double recoil spring setup on the Gen 4 because it supposedly lasts longer and reduces felt recoil apparently. Will the Gen 4 springs fit in Gen 3 model 34s? If not I may have them just order me a Gen4 G34 and wait a bit longer. Thanks!

2. MarcDW

MarcDW MDW Guns Millennium Member

A Gen4 RSA will not fit in the Gen3.

3. bornhunter04

bornhunter04

The gen 4 RSA is bigger. You have to use an adapter if using a gen 3 RSA on a gen 4.

4. Pythonman

Pythonman

Ok, that's good to know. Im gonna see if they can switch my order for a Gen 4 G34 then because I just shot one a couple of weeks back and it made a believer out of me! I would normally not have any of the longslide, racegun Glocks on my radar but after shooting my Pops new G34 Gen 4 I knew I'd have to have one. Even my wife, who hates my G19 was absolutely smitten with the G34 and was shooting 1" 17round groups at 10yds with that gun no problem. Amazing competition type gun I thought.

5. Pythonman

Pythonman

Well, I ended up with a Gen 3 G34 after all. NIB, the salesman gave me the good points of Gen 3 and 4 and he mentioned there is more aftermarket stuff for the Gen3 pistols out there including heavier duty recoil springs I could try that would also help cut recoil down further, which I'm interested in for my wife's sake. Heck if I decide I don't like it as much as the Gen4 G34 I've shot already I'll swap but I'm betting Im gonna like this one fine!

6. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

Looks like you got "sold," probably because he didn't or couldn't get a gen4 G34. Sorry, just calling it like I see it.

7. Pythonman

Pythonman

There might have been a little bit of that going on. The Gen4 was due next week so it was really a thing of keeping my Glock collection all Gen3. The ONLY thing I liked about the Gen4 better personally, was the dual recoil spring setup. And that's just because of what I've read here. For all I know it's no better than the original setup. Also I'm not a fan of the new Gen4 grip texture nor the idea of swapping out backstraps which face it, is rather more of a gimmick Glock is using to sell more pistols. I'm sure it helps some people really dial in a "custom fit" but I bet 95% would be fine with the standardized Gen3 grip profile. We'll see though, I have my Dads Gen4 G34 to compare mine to. If mine shoot's as nice as his does I'll be thrilled. If it's not even close I'll bit the bullet so to speak and trade "up" for the Gen4 version and learn to like the new parts that really I could do without.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012