close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 4 prices at Market Hall gunshow in Big D

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by reset, Apr 15, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reset

reset

Around noon, I noticed a corner table in the stepchild, part B side of today's Market Hall Show (think kitsch art and an ATF propaganda kiosk) that had at least 3 NIB gen 4 glocks at $489 cash. I specifically noticed one gen 4 G22, but there were other models available as well.

Did not see one Colt XSE, although their were a few Gold Cup Trophys and Governments. There was a M&P Shield which was very slim and cool. Not one Ruger SR1911 on the premesis. 2 Sig P210s. A interesting jumping steel target and a ESEE 4 knife were the winners for me.

2. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Thats a good price for the Gen 4's, around here I have seen them around 525ish.

:50cal:

3. reset

reset

Wild speculation here--and if anyone who actually knows should chime in: I speculate that the more expensive "better" tables are given priority to the big guys who can pay and have seniority like Bachman etc. While the little guys breaking into the scene are relegated to the periphery for years. By the time attendees meander through the whole show on the big side, they've already seen every Glock and XD in Dallas and are fatigued. Is the obviously low price from the step child side vendor just an expense of breaking into the higher eschelons of the Dallas gunshow scene? Does that make sense?

4. mt920

mt920

It makes sense to me... So, did you buy anything or were you just window shopping? I would've probably purchased a Glock at that price.

5. Bruce M

Bruce M

Never been there but it sounds like a reasonable explanation to me.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  6. dbyer1

dbyer1

That is super cheap for a new 4th gen, my guess they where factory refurbs from le group in fl who bought a bunch and decided they did not want them they went right back to glock. 489 is not much over cost on a new 4th gen

7. texagun

texagun

AJC had a Ruger SR1911 at $750. Pretty sure it sold quickly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.