close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 4 mag tube length

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SouthpawG26, Aug 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

I just received a gen 4 mag for my gen 3 g26, and immediately noticed that those are 2-3mm longer than the gen 3 mags.

Anyone else notice this?

So much so that there is now a distinct gap with the gen 3 frame, and the new mag actually takes 11 rounds right away, quite easily, no forceful cramming (which would affect reliable feeding) needed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DocWills

DocWills

There are continuos changes not all get press. The gen 4 mods were long in coming and much needed.

3. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

I first noticed this several years ago on the mags that came with several late-model Gen3 Glocks I had purchased. Your Gen3 mag must be at least 3-4 years old, as I am pretty sure I have seen the slightly longer mag bodies on all 3 sizes of Gen3 mags, and I'm fairly certain they pre-dated the Gen4 release (you can tell the relative age by the number of mag catch notches; old Gen1/Gen2 and early Gen3 mags have one notch, slightly newer Gen3s have two notches, and the latest Gen3/Gen4 mags have all three).

4. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

DJ Niner,

I assume your longer tubes also take one more round than advertised?
    My G26 was made in 2001, and it came with one " wide top " and one tapered mag, i purchased the gen 4 mag to replace the former, which doesn't easily drop free.

5. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

I don't know, as I never try to load more rounds than what a mag is rated to hold.