Gen 4 mag release in a gen 3?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by AR15 guy, Feb 12, 2013.

1. I googled every combination I could think of and I could not find anything on this subject. Let me first state that I would not attempt this myself, but if a reputable gunsmith could do this I would give it a go.

I fell in love with the gen 4 mag release, and would love to add it to my gen 3 19, and 34.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    NASA Just Released 8,400+ Incredible High-Res Images From The Apollo Program The Okie Corral Sunday at 8:03 PM
    Top Secret Service official urged release of unflattering information about congressman Political Issues Wednesday at 10:28 PM
    Trump releases Second Amendment position The Okie Corral Sep 18, 2015
    Pearce grips release G-43 +1 General Glocking Sep 18, 2015
    G43 Slide release General Glocking Sep 2, 2015

3. I Was Wondering MyselF

4. I sent cold bore customs an email about doing this... We shall see what they say.
  5. RPVG

It's a no go. The Gen 4 mag release can go in either way. The Gen 3 cutouts are different since it only goes in one way.
    #4 RPVG, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  6. I am aware of that, but I was thinking maybe frame modifications could be made. Cold bore told me the spring that holds everything in is in a different location, and won't work. So it appears they considered trying the modification.
  7. RPVG

Never thought about that. Guess it depends on how far you're willing to go.

It would be nice.