close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gen 4 Glock 32 on You Tube.

Discussion in 'TOP GUNS *357 Sig* Club' started by clarkstoncz, Jul 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. clarkstoncz

clarkstoncz

Sep 28, 2006
    I don't know if this is old news, but everyone who wants a
    Glock .357 or considering the Gen 4 G32 should watch it.

No idea what ammo, as there appears to be no muzzle blast.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N22NQ2mMzWk"]Glock G32 357 Sig Gen 4 Media Day at the Range 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

After selling my Gen 3 Glock 33 and G31 in favor of waiting for
    the Gen 4 .357s, I'm always on the lookout for .357 SIG
    videos or posts.

Love the round and platform- and will eventually buy all
    3 of the Gen 4 .357 models, as the Gen 4s I've handled
    in .40 and 9mm were a better fit than the Gen 3s.

2. Travelin' Jack

Travelin' Jack Misinformed

Jul 20, 2007
    0 .· ` ' / ·. 200
    Nice. I'm really tempted to buy the full lot of gen 4 357's as well.

3. clarkstoncz

clarkstoncz

Sep 28, 2006
    My old Glocks were pebble grip and Gen 2 models..
    anyone remember the MPDC guns??

I've carried Glocks on duty and off more than CZs.

As for the Gen 4s, I like the texture and the ability of changing back straps.

I'm sure that other Gen 4s are running right these days, but
    it seems that most .357s run right from day one.

Even with my flirtations with the small .380s, LCRs and M&Ps, ect.

I still think that CZs and Glocks are just splendid guns.

4. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    *sigh* ejected cases flying every which direction.

5. dpadams6

dpadams6

Jan 5, 2010
    I agree. My Dept has carried the 357sig for approx. 15 years. First in sig226/239 and recently switched to glock 31gen4/33 gen3. We have had quite a few shootings and every one has worked very well. Ive seen what the round can do straight on and thru every part of a car you can think of. Its simply amazing. Probably why the secret service carry it. They said it is the best performing round they have ever tested.

6. clarkstoncz

clarkstoncz

Sep 28, 2006
    What duty load if I may ask?
    --------------------------------
    Sing 'em good my friend!

7. dpadams6

dpadams6

Jan 5, 2010
    We used the gold dots up until about a year ago when we switched to glocks. During testing of the glocks, the gold dots were having some ftf issues. Not a lot, but we also tested hst and they were flawless in feeding. So we switched to hst. Only had a few shootings with hst, but they seem to perform just as good as the gold dots did. Gold dots do penetrate a little more thru vehicles (metal, glass)

8. interesting...our department issues Speer Gold Dots for the 357 SiG guys and no issues...my own G23 wanna be G32 works 100% with Speer Lawman and Speer Gold Dots of the 125GR variety...

Bill

9. dpadams6

dpadams6

Jan 5, 2010
    It was only a few out of thousands of rounds fired, so I don't think there is anything wrong with gold dots. We also had a company come in and test the gold dot, hst and ranger t thru many different barriers. They all performed very close. The gold dot penetrated slightly better than the other two. The hst seemed to expand the most consistent no matter what it went thru, so we went with that.
    What are you guys allowed to carry?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  10. we supply our own pistols...so just about anything...right now....45 ACPs are the most popular in 1911 pattern variety and a mix of GLOCK (21) and Springfield XDs...with one HK thrown in there...

...some .40 S&W (the current firearms instructors have convinced a few of the 357 SiG guys to change to .40 S&W :whistling:)...

I think there may be a couple still carrying 9mm...

...as the former Firearms Instructor I was able to pretty much carry whatever I wanted to within these calibers for "training purposes"...which was my phrase used, as a gun guy, to buy several different kinds of pistols so that I could be knowledgable of differing types of manufacture, operation, etc...has worked for me for 28 plus years now...:supergrin: ...'course it causes me to buy a lot of holsters (out of pocket) but keeps me somewhat current...

Bill

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  11. Ben B

Ben B

Feb 28, 2012
    Michigan
    I love my gen4 g32. I have had for about three month now and not one hiccup.

12. Poohgyrr

Poohgyrr trout fear me!

Thanks for the link. The G31 gen 4 is sweet, and I'm waiting to handle a 32.........

13. clarkstoncz

clarkstoncz

Sep 28, 2006
    it should be as nice as the Gen 4 Glock 19 that we fondled at the local indoor range,
    but has the magical .357 on the slide:)