close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gen 4 Glock 21 10mm conversion >>>>>>>

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by VBVAGUY, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Arnold Kuhl

Arnold Kuhl

Apr 15, 2013
    NE Tennessee
    Thanks, GRT. I just ordered some, along with some .45ACP+P and 9mm+P SD loads. Of course, my life will be instantly and unceremoniously terminated, not if, but when my wife discovers I bought more GUN STUFF!

AK

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  2. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    Texas
    The factory mag spring (in good condition) is sufficient for .45 Super and the G21 with 22-lb. RSA. I've tested that config extensively in preparing a friend's G21 pistol with good results and have read of similar success by others. I use Wolff extra-power mag springs for .460 Rowland, but don't find it necessary for .45 Super.

However, be forewarned about a possible problem feeding .40 Super from the G21 13-rnd mags. If you're not already aware of the possible nose dive issue causing failure-to-feed malfunctions, be sure to watch this video recently published in July by Ammo Test on YouTube: Glock 21 40 Super 13rd Mag Fix

Prior to this fix discussed by Ammo Test, the typical solution to avoid nose dive problems was to use 10-rnd, single stack G21 mags for 40 Super. I haven't encountered this problem with my Gen4 G30 10-rnd mags and 40 Super, but be aware it may crop up with G21 13-rnd mags.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013

3. Roger G23

Roger G23 Glock Guy

Jun 3, 2010
    The Gunshine State
    Really thank you for all the info. Found your link here regarding your G30 very interesting. You clearly are one we all learn from and appreciate your generosity.

4. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    Texas
    You're welcome and I'm glad that some of the information provided was useful to you. :)