Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Gen 4 G37 slide thickness?

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by Thekat, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Thekat

Thekat Millennium Member

Jan 21, 1999

Has anyone seen the Gen 4 G37? I wonder if the slide would be more narrow like a standard 17/22/36 slide now that they have a new recoil system for the 4th generations?

Has FHP taken delivery of the new 37s?
  2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    As of now, there are no Gen4 G37's. Florida will take delivery in June. No one can answer your question regarding a change in slide width, but I suspect there will be no change.

3. Thekat

Thekat Millennium Member

Jan 21, 1999
    Reason I ask, is I picked up an XD service size in .45 GAP and notice the slide is more narrow (actually the same size as their service size .40/9) though more narrow, it actually has a dual recoil assembly like Glock is going to.

It would be easier to find holsters, it would be a bit lighter, and most of all less bulky. I like my G38, but would be ecstatic if it had a true G19/36 width slide!

Interestingly, in comparing the XD with my G38 their OAL is the same. The Glock is just a tad shorter in the grip.

I love the GAP cartridge. Heck, it's what got me into reloading in the first place. I just wish the other companies would make the smaller guns as the cartridge would allow for and the rounds popularity would no doubt increase.