close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gen 4 G19 mag release button

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ergon, Oct 28, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ergon

ergon

Jan 13, 2005
    Chattanooga, TN
    I went to a local gun shop yesterday and checked out one of the new Gen4's. First thing, I'm left-handed and I found that the mag release button was digging into the side of my middle finger while gripping the weapon. Is there anyway that I can remove or round that edge without making a mess of things?

2. sbeetz

sbeetz

Oct 22, 2012
    I am pretty sure on the gen 4 you can flip the mag release to the left side.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    The Gen4 magazine release is reversible. An armorer can reverse it in about 5 minutes.:wavey:

4. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    Vermont
    Yes you can as long as you use Gen 4 magazines as they have the dual mag,catch notches. SJ 40

5. curlysir

curlysir

Aug 15, 2011
    NE Texas
    And it is great for a lefty. I have them installed on both my Gen 4's. I did not reverse the release and it does not bother me at all. I do not like the Gen 3 version as a lefty but the Gen 4 is great.

6. ergon

ergon

Jan 13, 2005
    Chattanooga, TN
    Thanks much. I'll have to look into this. I don't like reversing the release. Over my many years I got use to it being right where my trigger finger can hit it. Curlysir, I'm taking it that you're a lefty?

Glock Junkie thanks for refreshing this old mans memory about Vickers.

7. curlysir

curlysir

Aug 15, 2011
    NE Texas
    Yes I am!