close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GEN 4 G19 gone.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DEADEYEGUY, Apr 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. DEADEYEGUY

DEADEYEGUY

Aug 22, 2009
    After getting 4 replacement guns (2 GEN3 G19's and two GEN4 G19's) and each one either out of the box, 500 rounds, 800 rounds, 2000 rounds they all at some point start throwing brass back at my face. Saturday at 800 rounds my newest GEN4 G19 threw three casings back at me in 50 rounds.
    The last one hit my shooting glasses so hard it chipped them. I can imagine what it would have done to a bare eye! The guy shooting with me is on his second replacemnt GEN4 G19. His started beating his head at 1000 rounds. The first right out of the box. We also watched a girl with a new G17 freash out of the box dodging brass to the head.
    No matter what anyone says this is a large scale problem. Before anyone says anything I was shooting Speer Lawman 115gr. FMJ and Federal HST 124gr. +P ammo. No weak ammo. Glock has tried to make it right to their credit. But th guns just haven't worked for me and several othrs at the range.
    I will look for an older GEN3 or even a GEN2 G19 since I have a ton of magazines and parts for the G19. Maybe Glock will get it worked out. The last gun was better than the first. They are improving. But they are not their as far as "Perfection" yet. I traded the gun for a S&W M&P 9c at the gunshow locally this weekend.
    Fired 220 rounds through it without incident yesterday. I'll keep my older Glocks. They work 100%. Maybe at GEN 4.5 or GEN5 they will have it right. I'm done. Too much time, money, and effort to get them working only to have the same thing come back at some point.
    If a spent casing can chip your safety glasses it will sure as hell tear your eye up. Go luck to all those trying to work through the problems. And if you've got a good GEN4 there's a lot to like. It didn't work out for me. I tried!

2. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Do you know what RSA and ejector you had in all those?

3. Dayam..... You've had more than your fair share of trouble. My Gen3 has been flawless as far as failures but I did get hit in the face a few times. Once I was hit VERY hard on my safety glasses dead center of my right eye. If not for the safety glasses I'm sure I would have a serious injury to my eye.

After that I cleaned and polished my extractor and have had Zero issues since. I am now at 3,000 rounds and still going strong.

Good luck with the M&P.

4. Congrats on the M&P, you made a good move! The M&P's are great guns. Looks like Glock still hasn't figured it out. They still sell problematic guns (see erratic ejecting FDE g19 threads) I'll bet they don't even care because they still believe that a Glock is superior compared to all other handguns. It's just sad to see a very good gun manufacturer go down the drain.

5. AA#5

AA#5

Nov 26, 2008
    Well, no one can say you didn't give Glock a chance to make it right.

Although they'll never admit it, Glock really screwed up. I feel very fortunate that the last Glock I bought was 8 years ago.

6. kamonjj

kamonjj

Sep 7, 2010
    Norfolk, VA
    thats a crying shame because i'm putting my gun 4 26 up for sale too. I think I'm going to buy a shield and an xds with the money.

7. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

May 23, 2010
    NJ
    I have 2 M&Ps. Great guns and just as good Glocks.

8. cfr

cfr

Feb 24, 2010
    PHX
    Was a new extractor tried in the Gen 3's? Only curious because Im considering taking the plunge, and this is rumored to be the fix, should one be required.

Thanks!

9. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    Vermont
    I sure remember your trials and tribulations with your Glocks,one can't say you didn't try to get them up and running. Good luck SJ 40

10. Radian

Radian

May 17, 2010
    no, its really not a large scale problem..

glock makes money by selling pistols to federal and state law enforcement agencies. When people who spend millions on no bid FBO contracts complain they will respond. Guess the feds aren't having this issue in mass.

They run speer ammo (generally) or other ATK owned high performance ammo. To this date I have never even SEEN this "issue" in the hands of a shooter, at any match EVER. My old G2 drops brass on my hat on occasion, so good luck finding your white whale.

Lots of feelings being posted, bottom line is money. Glock makes money selling functional weapons to professionals. In the real world, they have months of backlogged orders and no TLA customer complaints. (the ones who keep them in business)

In the land of the LOL cat, well, pm me I will buy your "broken" G4 26 for 350 (1OO below face) all day long.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  11. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    Wow - Sorry to hear you have had repeated issues. I hope the M&P runs better for you.

12. 8th ID

8th ID

May 2, 2009
    KY
    Well, I believe you've done all you can do. Sorry to hear of your multitude of problems. And I hope the M&P gives you zero problems. Enjoy:cool:

13. oldman11

oldman11

Mar 1, 2012
    Texas
    If the ejected brass actually chipped your shooting glasses, then you need better shooting glasses. I find it funny that a person who has an issue with a specific gun also says that everyone in his local range has the same problem or everyone he knows has the same problem. Yet professional shooters who handle guns daily just don't seem to have those problems. I wonder why that is???

14. Hdoc

Hdoc

Mar 24, 2012
    Wondered about that myself. Polycarbonate requires some crazy force to chip, though I had a pair chip on the edge after dropping a pair from ten feet onto concrete on a very cold day.

15. auto-5

auto-5

Nov 13, 2011
    Send it to me I will make sure to dispose of it for you.

16. craig19

craig19

Aug 13, 2010
    NE Ohio

Wow, way to help a brother out.

17. Apprentice

Apprentice

May 17, 2000
    North GA,USA
    Hate to hear it. We've now got eight smooth running Gen 4 9mms. Ejection is outstanding in the Gen 4 G26; consistent like a tuned 1911 but the rest are just like all of more than a dozen Glocks of Gen's 1-4 - a little erratic at times; but not punishing. Yet the guns just run and run.

18. jpwalnuthill

jpwalnuthill

Mar 14, 2012
    Walnut Hill Fl
    My gen 4 26 threw brass back in my face for the first 30 rounds and now only one in 50 maybe. Happy with it now nothing I can't live with Gun shoots to good to trade

19. kaech

kaech

Jan 26, 2012
    CG wisconsin
    Honestly? Cracked your saftey glasses? Yeah right your either trolling or insanely picky......

20. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Congrats on the M&P.

You made the right move.