close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 4 G19 - 2nd trip to range

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MississipVol, Apr 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. MississipVol

MississipVol

I went for the second time to the range with my new Gen 4 yesterday. This time I took my wife and oldest daughter who would be shooting a pistol for the very first time.

We shot about 100 rds and both of them really enjoyed shooting the gun! There were no FTF's/FTE's and the gun once again seemed to perform flawlessly except for the occasional brass to the head, chest or shoulder.

Here's MY deal on that: It really doesn't bother me at all that a few rounds bounce off the top of my head as long as I don't have any FTF's or FTE's. I barely even notice.

Since I filmed the 2 ladies shooting, I could see on the video that the brass seems to be ejecting straight up (at times) about a foot over the shooter's head and landing either on top of their head, shoulder, or flying over them completely. It is more of a lob so it is not something that could ever injure anybody.

As long as we are not getting any other problems, I am happy with the gun. I have been on the range and seen other guns doing the same thing so I don't think it is exclusive to the Glock 19 necessarily and agree with another poster that way too much attention is brought to it on this board.

For fun, I ordered a TLR-4 this weekend and will be interested to see how the gun performs with it attached. I will post those results in about a week. Thanks!!

2. Birddog9

Birddog9 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My second trip with my new Gen 4 19 yielded the same results. Still no malfunctions and an occasional brass to head under rapid fire. I've found the medium backstrap and rubber talon grips to be the perfect setup for me. Glad to hear some more good reports!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012

3. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

4. Raleigh Glocker

Raleigh Glocker

Glad you like your G19. The brass hitting you isn't so much the problem as when it ends up lodged somewhere long enough to burn you. My Gen 4 G23 lobbed a case right between my glasses and the side of my eye, burning my eyelid pretty severely in the moment it took me to fling off my glasses. By 200 rounds of hot ammo, though, the G23 stopped doing that, and it's been fine ever since.

I've run my Gen 4 G23 and Gen 4 G17 with a TLR-2 with no effect. I'm sure you'll find the same results as they seem to have fixed the pistol light problem some Gen 3s apparently had.

5. kamonjj

kamonjj

Brass hitting you isn't a problem now until its every time you shoot, and it may get progressively worse. Thats what happened to me. My gen4 26 was performing flawlessly then suddenly during a range trip, it was hitting me in the face every time. I polished the extractor, and it has gotten better but I can almost bet the last round in every mag is going to hit me with some force.

6. kents

kents

I took my son to the range with me. A spent case bounced off the wall and landed in his wee little girly no-show ankle sock and left him with a 9mm case shaped burn on his skin.

He loves it.

7. bdcremer

bdcremer The No SpinZone

My Sig 220 circa 1997 has sent a nice piece of hot 45ACP brass right in between my eyelid and my safety glasses. I have had several different pistols send brass to my head and never sent any of them back. I have always accepted that flying brass could hit you while shooting.