Gen 4 Fixed Yet?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glocks n' Crocs, Oct 11, 2013.

1. I have alot of Gen 4 glocks including the original 22. Never had an issue with any of them.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. In two different trials, a Glock 19 Gen 4 shot 10.000 rounds in just one day without any issues. Another Gen 4 Glock, 17 shot 35.000 rounds in three days with two failure to feeds and failure to fire / ignite with just one trigger pin breakage at 35.000 rounds...

#42 lupuss, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  3. It is generally believed that guns made in 2008 were the old GLOCK PERFECTION. Guns made since, not so much. The Gen 4 was introduced at the Shot Show in 2010.

There are hundreds of BTF and FTF 9mm threads in this forum over the last two or three years. Guns failing in the hands of experts.

The routine answer is always wimpy ammo or limp wristing. It just isn't true.

There are also a large number of users who have never had a problem with either the late model Gen 3s or the Gen 4s. I suspect the vast majority have no problems at all. But that is of no help to those who do.

The frequency of BTF threads has decreased in recent months so it is likely that the occurrence of the problems has been greatly reduced. Or everybody has taken to wearing a hat...

I'm not in the market for ANY 9mm so it's no big deal. I'm not looking for a Glock .40, either. I MIGHT buy a G39 if I run across one.

I had reservations when I bought my Gen 3 G36 and as long as I run full power loads, the gun works fine. Reduced loads, not so much... It especially hates semi-wadcutters at light loadings. My Gen 3 G21SF eats everything.

I really think the problems have been resolved. I certainly don't see all the threads like earlier in the year. So, maybe, everything will be fine with the newer guns.

Richard

#43 F106 Fan, Oct 13, 2013
  4. The following problems have been reported...

1. Failure to extract.
    2. Spent shell casings ejecting upwards.
    3. The slides not moving forward after firing.

Supposedly its ether the extractor or the old recoil spring that gave the guns issues. As I said earlier, I don't own a gen 4 Glock, just a gen 3 G30 with the "new" spring system.

5. 3 Gen 4's for me. I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone. These pistols fire everytime. I never have to worry about failures. Clean or dirty they fire everytime.

6. How come we don't hear about anyone commenting on Gen 1 and 2 Glocks...I guess they were a POS before the Gen3...and now Gen4...I love my Glock Gen4....change is good...it just takes time...LOL!!

7. So far so good! All my Gen4 glocks- G23, G27, G22, & G19 have been 100% reliable! The G33 is still on layaway!:cool: I'm not afraid to buy! The only complaint is that it's the matte finish, & not the glossy, shiny black finish that I prefer( my G20, G30, & G26 )! It seems more durable! But, it all good!

#47 multo17, Oct 13, 2013
  8. You don't hear much about the Gen1 and Gen 2 Glocks because they worked. I picked up an early Gen 2 G-19 around 1995, I don't have any idea as to round count other than it would be extremely high with a couple of box cars of lead through it also, it's 1st and only failure came last fall when the trigger spring failed.

9. Are we still beating this dead horse? Let's try to get over it.

10. I bought a G17 gen 4 about a year ago works great except for ejecting brass. I get the brass landing anywhere from my front tooth to 20 feet in front of me to 20 feet behind me.