close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 4 Back Straps

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by viper144, Jul 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. viper144

viper144

Is there a perfered way to measure which backstrap is a proper fit or is it just a personel fit and feel? Which ever one feels the most comfortable to each shooter.:dunno:

2. Z71bill

Z71bill

Shoot the gun with each -

How good they feel is not always how you shoot.

I started off with the small back strap on my M&P pistols (all three of them) - it had the best feeling -

After a few thousand rounds using the small back strap - I tried the medium - and I started shooting better groups -

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012

3. ALAN553

ALAN553

I agree with at, out of the box no backstrap felt easy to hold, but I put the medium on and my two handed shooting improved dramatically. I have an average size hand, usually wear medium size gloves

4. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Take a set of calipers... measure the width/length of each figure.
    Then use a tape measure and go around each hand.
    Using a slide rule (not a calculator!), and using extrapolation techniques and 3 dimensional calculus (like they use on Star Trek?) you can determine which one is the best fit for you.

Seriously dude... whatever feels the best. sheesh.

5. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

How my trigger finger rests on the trigger is more important than "feel" to me, and results in better shooting also. If the trigger reach is too far, you may push the muzzle left when pulling the trigger (assuming you're right handed). And if the trigger reach is too short, you may pull the muzzle right when pulling the trigger (again assuming right handed). I have shortish fingers, so no backstrap gives me the best results on my G21 G4.

6. surfdog

surfdog

If you're accustomed to the Gen3's grip, you'll find the Gen4's medium backstrap to be the closest match.

While on the subject of backstraps... I've added a Crimson Trace LG-850 on my Gen4. Just be aware that if your using a backstrap,
    you'll need to remove it to install the laser (it doesn't fit over the backstrap). When on, it feels
    closest to having the medium backstrap installed. I like it!

http://pistol-training.com/archives/6002

[ame]http://youtu.be/OgvCVWRXvMI[/ame]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012