close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gen 4 32 issues

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GLOCKFAN1973, Feb 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. GLOCKFAN1973

GLOCKFAN1973

Mar 15, 2012
    ohio
    I recently purchased a new 32 and fired it yesterday, It has the single stack 10 round mags. When full loaded with ten rounds the gun doesn't feed properly and the bottom of the magazine has to be pushed up. Has anyone experienced this and why?

2. Adamz04

Adamz04

Mar 28, 2012
    Indiana
    I have a gen4 g32 but mine is the 15rd model and it has ran 100% for me. Maybe try a different mag?

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Fastest solution is to get a few 13-round G32 magazines. Next best solution might be to install some 13-round followers in your 10-round mags.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  4. davsco

davsco

Feb 27, 2011
    if your state lets you use >10 round mags, try those. otherwise download your mags by one.

my gen4 g32 works perfectly with the 15 round mags fully loaded.

5. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Apr 23, 2011
    Central Texas
    Don't own/haven't tried any 10-round magazines in my G32, but the 13- and 15-round magazines work just fine with both factory ammo, and my own ammo.

6. Three-Five-Seven

Three-Five-Seven Señor Mombo Millennium Member

Aug 8, 1999
    Great Southwest
    What EXACTLY does "doesn't feed properly" mean? Exactly, what are you doing to charge the pistol with the first round? And, exactly, what is happening to the round when you do charge the pistol?

Normally, you replace a magazine on a Glock pistol with the slide to the rear and the slide-stop engaged. This results in NO pressure being applied to the magazine, so it doesn't hang down. If you are inserting a FULL magazine into a closed pistol, it it normal for it to be pushed down as far as the magazine catch will permit. Again, that's normal.

If you are charging the pistol in any way other than by releasing the slide from the open position by touching ONLY the slide stop and releasing the slide, then it is very possible that you are creating the problem with improper operation. (this means that NO part of either of your hands can be touching the slide as it moves from fully retracted to battery)

It sounds to me like you are new to Glocks and need to learn the manual of arms for the Glock pistol so that you understand its characteristics and can operate it appropriately.

I have never had a failure to feed with a Glock pistol, regardless of the magazine involved.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013