close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen.4 19 report

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by number1olddog, Aug 2, 2012.

1. number1olddog

number1olddog

So I am back to Glock after I finished my two M&Ps and picked up a new 19 about a week ago. I took it out last weekend and fired 150 rounds of blazer 115gr. And had erratic ejection but no malfunctions. I replaced the crappy extractor with one I had from about 5 years ago and the erratic brass to the face quit. I replaced the gen.4 trigger and trigger bar to a gen.3 smooth and did the .25cent trigger job and all is well. I am firm believer that the newest crappy extractor has a lot to do with these problems we hear about but I am sure you know that:supergrin:

Glock 19 is a tkw... Serial prefix and was factory fired last month.

2. bac1023

bac1023

3. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

Congrats I recently came back from the M&P's and 1911's myself and couldn't be happier.

Happy shooting! :wavey:

4. SJ 40

SJ 40

Congrats ! Thankfully you had a decent,read quality extractor to put in it .
    Now wouldn't it be great if Glock could do that from the get go,at least we know as of last months production Glock hasn't fixed anything. SJ 40

5. rimshaker

rimshaker

Just curious, what didn't you guys like about the M&P? I keep hearing from others that M&P's are on course to really challenge Glock as the most liked pistols.

6. di11igaf

di11igaf ibew

I recently got rid of an m&p, not a fan of the trigger, the "flex" just annoys me.
    Can't really shoot from the reset like a glock(although I hear this will change when they implement the shield like trigger reset)
    Other than that, its a great firearm, feels really nice in hand and shoots well overall.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  7. meshmdz

meshmdz OBAMA 2012

Jut bought a gen 4 19 this evening! Best glock on the line IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Glock_your_world

Glock_your_world

Congrats! I am the opposite of you I left Glocks for M&P's. I never had any problems with my Glocks I just like the M&P's better.

9. Scouse

Scouse

Astounded! That is the only word I can use to describe my new G19s trigger. The so called dot trigger. Serial SLY.

The infamous Glock flick, to the right as your trigger releases, has gone. The closest feel I can compare this to, a Walther GSP, target pistol, when I shot bulls eye competition.

Do not know about ejection patterns yet, have not fired it.

Will fit a TruGlo set of sights first, and an extended slide release, original glock one.

The trigger feels around 4lbs? I have no measuring tool.
    Does anyone know the factory spec's on this?

This will be my carry, and IDPA pistol. My other Gen4 G19, my Wife has claimed, that has the 3.5 connector installed.

I bought a G26 Gen4 for her birthday, she can not lock the slide back. Hence the one she has been using is now hers!

In becoming a proud US Citizen, April last year, I contemplated changing the Brit flag? But decided not too, open my mouth? You know were I hail from. Carry my Passport card (Just in case)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  10. The Viking

The Viking

I have two 9mm M&P with 1000 and 2000 rounds through them. They have never given me any trouble. One has the apex trigger. I have one 40 cal M&P that went back to S&W four times before the problems got straightened out. Dead trigger and light strikes. I am now seeing if it is ok.