close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 3 G34

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Pythonman, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Pythonman

Pythonman

Took my new G34 out for it's second range trip and wow, I'm totally impressed with how accurately it sends brass right to the center of my forehead nearly every shot fired!:rofl: What a piece of work this thing is. I'm not amused. I'm not even going to waste anymore time with it. Tomorrow it's outta here getting traded off on a new 1911. Out of my remaining Glock collection, after tomorrow I'll probably only hang onto my ever faithful G19 Gen 3 I've had six or eight years or whatever it's been and that's it. From what I'm reading on this forum Glocks best days are long gone.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  2. bac1023

bac1023

Sorry to hear

What a shame indeed. :sad:

3. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

Mine puts them all in a nice pile at 4 o'clock......and even shoots great with Blazer Brass 115FMJ......1911 is an apples vs. oranges debate and I have both, Mike.

4. tigman250

tigman250

I have fixed my gen3 G34, too bad you are leaving! Maybe if Glock loses enough customers to these issues they will do more than offering a bandaide ejector.....

5. MartinRiggs1987

MartinRiggs1987

The new Glock status-quo. That darn forehead flak is so annoying. I believe changing a few choice parts will fix it. But its a shame Glock has lead us to tweak their guns to perfection rather than just selling us perfect out the gate. Glock Perfection indeed.

6. Pythonman

Pythonman

Well, I'm hangin onto my G19 and if I find another Gen 2 G17 it's mine too. These are the Glock models I like best and shoot best. Great guns. I agree though, Glocks got to step up to the plate and fix these flaws. Brass flying to the face is downright dangerous. What if it throws a hot brass into yer eyes while you are shooting? Ya might pull the trigger where you didn't mean to and lord know's what could happen with that shot. Come on Glock! Get serious dammit.

7. Dragoon189

Dragoon189

From other posts it seems they have the fix with a better extractor to grip the casing. Sounds like they are not being too vocal about it like the ejector swap

8. The Highlander

The Highlander

My Gen 3 34 does the same thing. Actually a bit unnerving to be shooting it and have stuff flying back in my face. I am sure it cost me a couple tenths in a match last weekend. Maybe I should call Glock if they have a different extractor or something. I LOVE the gun other than that, and it doesn't do it all the time. Great shooter.