close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gen 3 G17 trigger question

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by November Sunrise, Jun 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. All of my glocks have little serrations on the trigger. I just bought a used one (like new) that has a smooth finish. It isn't a hack sanding job . It looks factory. Is this a replacement non glock trigger?
    Thanks

2. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Gen4 BETATester

Jan 15, 2011
    Full size Glocks all have smooth triggers. Subcompact and I think compact Glock have serrated triggers. Glock puts the serrated triggers on them so they can meet importing standers other wise they be illegal. So 99% chance your 17 has the factory trigger.

3. Alcoy

Alcoy

Jul 13, 2006
    Virginia
    ^^^^

My G17 has smooth trigger. My G26 has serrated one.

4. My gen 2 G17 has serrations yet my new/used gen 3 G17 is smooth?

5. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Gen4 BETATester

Jan 15, 2011
    I dont know that much about the Gen2's or Gen1's but I know all Gen3's and Gen 4's full size Glocks come with the smooth trigger.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  6. Njanear

Njanear Nagant-ophile

Jul 20, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    The reason for the serrated triggers was to gain extra points for importation. The fullsize guns did not need those points, while compacts and subcompacts benefit from the 'target triggers'.

PS: Notice that the tactical/practicals (G34/G35) and longslides (G17L/G24/G24C) don't have the same 'target triggers'.

7. martyj

martyj

Apr 1, 2009
    I never noticed that and have had them for years.