close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gen 2 G17

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Photoman642, Feb 2, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Photoman642

Photoman642

Jul 22, 2010
    I recently purchased a Gen 2 G17 (YLxxx) and it is stone stock, in the original box with all the paperwork, two pre-ban mags, cleaning stuff, mag loader, etc. It still has the old parts in the gun (no upgrade done) and I'm wondering if this gun might be more valuable to a collector in stock condition? If not, I'll do the upgrade and shoot the thing.

2. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Aug 20, 2010
    Out On The Tiles
    Congrats, and you know what to do...post up a pic of that bad boy! :wavey:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013

3. LibertyPatriot

LibertyPatriot

Mar 11, 2011
    It might be worth more to someone else but what's it worth to you? If it were mine I'd shoot it sparingly with original parts. I have plenty of recent production Glocks to shoot the crap out of so shooting one like that every once in a while won't hurt it.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. Motor City Glocker

Motor City Glocker Gun Addict

Sep 28, 2011
    SE Michigan
    I know what I would do - I would gladly buy it from you!:supergrin:

Seriously, I've been looking for a gen2 17. If you're interested, PM me.:wavey:

5. Lee-online

Lee-online Mul-ti-pass

Mar 13, 2006
    Susquehanna Valley, PA
    If you want to keep it original and sill shoot it, just upgrade the parts you want to but save all the originals so it can be returned back to factory stock.

I have an original gen 1 i shoot. Usually just a few mags because i have other glocks i shoot regularly.

6. When I picked up my gen4-20 from CMP Dist. last Oct. they had some LE trade-in gen2-17's for 325.00, and yes I bought one, keep looking.

7. Three-Five-Seven

Three-Five-Seven Señor Mombo Millennium Member

Aug 8, 1999
    Great Southwest
    Geez. What's the problem? It's not like you're going to wear it out.

8. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

May 2, 2010
    Midwest
    Personally I don't see glocks as collector items. If it were mine I'd shoot the crap out of it!

9. 1/2 cocked

1/2 cocked

Nov 24, 2001
    coast of s.c.
    Thats what they were made for. Shoot it again and again and again.

10. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

Jan 1, 2010
    A cat box in WA

This:wavey:

Yesterday I was fixing a water main leak,my Glock was getting doused with mud and gravel(as was I:frown:) and my boss said "aren't you worried about getting you gun scratched and dirty?" I said "HELL NO!"

Honestly,I probably would not take a pristine Gen 1 or 2.

11. Photoman642

Photoman642

Jul 22, 2010
    OK. I've come to my senses. Shoot the snot out of it! It's a Glock for crying out loud, not a Colt Single Action Army. :)

12. Three-Five-Seven

Three-Five-Seven Señor Mombo Millennium Member

Aug 8, 1999
    Great Southwest
    I shoot the hell out of my Colt's Single Action Armies too. They, also, were built to use. You can shoot a good gun a lot and, as long as you take care of it, not put any significant wear on it. All the guns you see that are beat up were abused, neglected, dropped, or otherwise treated poorly.

13. AgentM79

AgentM79 Platinum Member

Nov 29, 2003
    Get the upgrade done. Shoot as much ammo as you can afford. Gen2 and Gen1 Glock pistols are too good to be left in the safe. I'd somehow suspect that if you are enough of an enthusiast to post here on GT, you didn't buy a Glock for it's resale value (all of about $600 to the right person, at the very most). That's my advice. Otherwise, you'll be missing out on a great gun.

PS: If you already have a Gen2 G17 as a "shooter", disregard! Keep that nice "find" in reserve in case you need it someday. Those of us with a preference for Gen1/Gen2 Glock pistols tend to prefer nothing else, and it's not like Herr Glock is making any more of them..............

14. C'mon now, with that user name we have to remind you to POST A PIC OR TWO! :)

Cat

15. Motor City Glocker

Motor City Glocker Gun Addict

Sep 28, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Excellent idea Catshooter!:agree:

16. Shoot her.

Now if it was a gen 1, I would be more hesitant. :whistling:

17. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I doubt it will ever have collector's value, quite honestly, but congrats on a great pistol. :cool:

18. Marshall Dillon

Marshall Dillon Make mine a 9mm

Jan 5, 2005
  19. Photoman642

Photoman642

Jul 22, 2010
    OK... OK... I'll snap some pics tomorrow and post. :)