close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gen 1 Glocks

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by feathers73, Nov 11, 2010.

1. D53

D53

Aug 6, 2009
    CA
    My Gen 1 17 starts with CK (October 1987)

2. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

May 16, 1999
    New Hampshire
    I had a Gen 1 pencil barrel in it's original box with all the tools, unfired. I sold it a few yrs ago to a collector. He paid a very nice price to me for that setup.

Still have 1 Gen 1 17 left. Sold another that had been used for yrs in GSSF.

I also had and then sold, GSSF0002 G17. I was offered the opportunity to buy GSSF0001 and passed for #2.

3. GSD17

GSD17 Thread Killer

Feb 23, 2004
    Alabama
    I have a very early 1st Gen G17L. DA was the first prefix. Mine is DA1XX.

4. Fxdude

Fxdude

Dec 28, 2010
    I own AY380us bought by me in oct 1986
    I have a neat story about my glock, in 1991 some assH(*& robber broke into my house and stole 3 guns, my glock was one of them, I was pretty pissed to say the least:steamed: well in 2010 I get a letter from the ATF, stating the fontana sheriffs dept. has one of my guns, and sent me a release letter, as I enter the sheriffs office and state who I am, show them this letter, all eyes are upon me, whispers here and there and 5 officers following me into the room they directed me into, I see a female officer sitting behind the desk, I realize I am in the evidence room, after I give her the paper she pulls out my tupperware glock case, my eyes widen "where on earth did you get that?" I say, all eyes sway to the the left (my right) to a file cabinet against the wall.?????
    The female officer says, you see the new carpet? well when we changed the old carpet and moved the file cabinet there my glock was sitting on the floor behind the file cabinet, back in 1991 the robber was caught with this glock in his car and it was put into evidence , they dont know how it ended up behind the cabinet.. 22 years :wow::wow: ,they asked me to sign a paper as not to press charges, i said "are you kidding me I am so happy to have my glock back" but had to sign anyway, after explaining the story of the robbery,myself and a few officers went down the street to a range , the owner of the range didnt even charge us after he was told the story...
    pretty cool, now I have my MINT gen 1 glock
    cheers
    Ken
    fxdude

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
    G19Tony and DJ Niner like this.
  5. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

Jul 27, 2006
    I saw one with serial number CBN465 at a firing range here in Manila.

6. I own a Gen1 SN AT**** dated by Glock 1986-06-01. It was a safe queen and is in like new condition. I was lucky to find it.

7. bustedknee

bustedknee Curmudgeon

Aug 1, 2001
    Wythe County, VA
    I have 17L s/n DB702. Mine has the solid (not ported) replacement barrel. How about yours?

I'm shooting mine. You?

8. GSD17

GSD17 Thread Killer

Feb 23, 2004
    Alabama
    I plan on competing in the GSSF match in Conyers, GA with it this year, instead of my G35.

9. R3508

R3508 Curmudgeon

Dec 9, 2005
    State of Jefferson USA
    I got my original G17 #E*******. Used, in CA for $459 + tax & fees. No regrets.

[​IMG]

10. Mitchell Poole

Mitchell Poole

Jan 7, 2016
    According to info regarding the pins, I have a gen 1 glock 19. But, the serial number is AXV. I can not find this number anywhere. Recommendations?

11. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Feb 13, 2001
    North-Central USA
    The pin count can sometimes be confusing; I recommend looking at the grip-frame texture. Gen1 will have a light stipple-type pattern wrapping around all sides of the grip frame; Gen2 will have deep checkering on the frontstrap and backstrap. This photo may help with generational I.D.:

[​IMG]

12. Mitchell Poole

Mitchell Poole

Jan 7, 2016
    Thanks! This was a big help.

13. domino1

domino1

Mar 24, 2013
    OH
    I have a ported 17L DB6xx. Mine is NIB and not shot.

14. Glennw32

Glennw32

Jan 21, 2016
    I have a Glock 17 #AE0481 that I purchased in 1983 under unusual circumstances, it is entirely original in the tupperware box with all the accessories, I'm not sure if I should put in a lighter trigger group or leave things alone, does the gun have any collector value?

15. Androo

Androo

Feb 12, 2016
    Georgia
    Just picked up serial number BD1** this weekend in good condition.

16. Might have a lead on a possible gen 1 17 with only 3-4 mags ran through it. I'll find out more in about 30 minutes.

17. Never mind it's a gen2. IMG_1473.jpg

What do you think it's worth?