close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gen 1 Glock sold for $732.00

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by patcrad, Jun 29, 2011.

1. patcrad

patcrad
    Expand Collapse
    Great White Box

2. HotRoderX

HotRoderX
    Expand Collapse
    Gen4 BETATester

I am thinking maybe the serial number pushed its value up?

3. GlocksterPaulie

GlocksterPaulie
    Expand Collapse
    Perfectionist

That is insane. Their is only one Glock I would consider paying that much for and that would be the very rare First gen Glock 19. I have several first gen G17's that are earlier then that date code and I paid $350.00-$400.00 for them.

I should contact the buyer and tell him I have some ocean front property in Vegas for sale.

Paulie

4. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ
    Expand Collapse
    Glockalfeliac

Wow, no way I'd pay that much for a Gen 1.

The most expensive older Glock I purchased is my Gen 2 C serial number G24. It is in excellent condition, maybe a couple magazines fired, still clean with the factory copper lube. I haven't fired it. I wanted a second Gen 2 G24 in case my old A serial G24 ever broke. I gave $550 for it.

5. Cowboy33

Cowboy33
    Expand Collapse

I recently found a Gen1 'AW' and have fallen in love with it...but that price is crazy.

6. cadillacguns

cadillacguns
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

Two weeks ago on the www.indianagunowners.com website in the handguns for sale section was a MPDC marked pebble grain gripped 1st Gen G-17 one mag and box sold for $375.

7. ULVER

ULVER
    Expand Collapse
    Dixie Rebel

I have one of the first shipped to the USA, for police evaluation. I was told that it actually came from Autrian military stock.

If you notice the case, it has the storage area for 17 rounds 0f 9mm. Also, you can see that the gun could be stored "hot", which was quickly considered a "no-no."

[​IMG]

It was bought at Glock for $254. I bought four! Sold two to friends early-on :crying:, but I still have one NIB.

Back then Glock was a building with no security door, and waiting room that maybe held 6 cops. There was a big barrel of mags, and they always told you to grab four or five, as you walked out the door. :supergrin:

8. TACLOAD

TACLOAD
    Expand Collapse

Found a Desert Storm Commemorative in a pawn shop last month. No box and its been fired quite a bit. $800:wow: Guys telling me its been there for 4 years. Hey buddy you might want to take all reasonable offers on it. They wont budge. Guess they are waitining on the Glock Fairy to come pick it up:rofl:

9. G19Tony

G19Tony
    Expand Collapse
    Sneet
    CLM

I have an AH G17 I paid $300 for I think. That's a crazy price. :faint:

10. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ
    Expand Collapse
    Glockalfeliac

Today I found a Gen 2 G20 with a 2 letter serial number, I think EH. It looked almost unfired and they were asking $469. I'm holding out for another G20 in OD when I find it.

Today the Kel Tec Sub2000 followed me home, G17 variant if course. I wouldn't have gotten the KT, but I haven't seen one of those in the flesh in a couple of years.

11. Aurora

Aurora
    Expand Collapse

There's always someone who's willing to pay a crazy price for a certain item. You see things go for insane amounts on GunBroker every now and then. I wouldn't read much into it.

V.

12. POC

POC
    Expand Collapse

Actually,
    I got him to throw in a second mag and got him down to $310.
    I felt like I did pretty good on it.

:whistling: