close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gay Marriage Amendment

Discussion in 'The Furball Forum' started by Calico Jack, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/1186-alrighty-then.jpg

2. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

Dec 29, 2011
    I understand the financial implications. It would seem big insurance would like this. More dependants, more premiums.
    I don't see people protesting gay marriage in terms of insurance.
    A civil union vs a civil ceremony. How is it different?

3. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    ? Um, civil union is to civil ceremony as marriage is to marriage ceremony. :dunno:

What does big insurance have to do with it?

4. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

Dec 29, 2011
    Ok.
    Then why do so many people have a problem with gay marriage and not civil unions.
    If a marriage is before God and God is against nonheteros then the marriage wouldn't be recognized in Gods eyes. Right?
    Not arguing or making a point. I'm trying to understand different points of view.

5. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

Dec 29, 2011
    If a hetero, man and woman, couple unite in a courthouse and have a meeting with a judge and become legally married, is that a civil union? It doesn't meet the way Christians normally do it so I wouldn't think it would be a marriage before God.
    It is a marriage before the state. A marriage in certificate only.
    Am I correct?

6. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    The issue is only with what the government recognizes as a legally binding marriage. There are probably gay couples that want the churches to marry them "in gods eyes" but the churches are not required to treat everyone equally.

There are thousands of laws, legal documents, case law records and who knows what else that have the words, "marriage" or "married" in them and it's an ongoing process to hash what happens under different circumstances in court. The simplest solution is to just expand legal marriage to homosexuals. Sure beats rooting through all those papers to amend them with, "and civil unions too".

7. randrew379

randrew379

Jan 21, 2012
    It seems that NH has the fewest number of churchgoers and the lowest crime rate of all states if what I read recently is correct.

8. glockin-45

glockin-45

Feb 24, 2009
    North Carolina
    Just because you don't believe in the Bible, oh well. Let me say, we should not lay man with man, just as well as man with dog. Why? because God hates it.

9. ponders

ponders

Jun 16, 2011
    Minot ND

^^^^this^^^^ and also it wasnt Adrian and Eve :wavey:

10. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    Just because you do believe in the bible, oh well. We hear complaints about the gay agenda and normalizing gay behavior. Who's accepting it? Society. Believers are very concerned with who doesn't believe in the bible. Non-believers could care less that you do.

Do you feel the shrinking influence of the bible yet?

11. glockin-45

glockin-45

Feb 24, 2009
    North Carolina
    Yes, i see the shrinking influence of the Bible in todays time. We will all live and die with the path that we choose.
    Praise GOD!

12. Alizard

Alizard

Apr 5, 2012
    I wonder if there was a recent time they would have passed an amendment keeping it illegal for whites and blacks to marry.

Yes, it was illegal for blacks and whites to marry most places at one time. here in "Liberal California", there was a recent time when it was illegal for Asians and whites to marry.

I guess the point is, if you set up an amendment that panders to the inherent bigotry of stupid people, most of them will vote for it.

13. camelotkid

camelotkid non-believer

Apr 27, 2009
    Oak Ridge, TN
    good post

14. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    This just in... NC voters vote a big "NO" on letting homos play at marriage or even the quaint little arrangement they like to style as civil unions. Ah power to the people! Yea boy! Wonderful to see what happens when the people speak. And amazingly, professional politician listen. They can hear this new message loud and clear.

15. camelotkid

camelotkid non-believer

Apr 27, 2009
    Oak Ridge, TN
    the hate must keep you warm, by the time you realize you are wrong it will be too late :rofl:

16. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    Failed as it should have.We are the bible belt.'08.

17. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    You are mistaken. You mistake arises from your equating hatred with abject rejection of a repugnant degenerate abnormal lifestyle.

18. HexHead

HexHead

Jul 16, 2009
    Once the queers eventually win on this issue, I wonder what group will next become the cause célèbre for the left? I'm guessing pedophiles will be next. After all, the left will claim they are born that way too, so we must need to accept them, just like their gay argument. And if we don't, they will label us Pedophobes.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  19. Alizard

Alizard

Apr 5, 2012
    Amen.