close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gatlinburg

Discussion in 'Volunteer Glockers' started by Sgt. Schultz, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Sgt. Schultz

Sgt. Schultz Annoying Member

I am traveling to Gatlinburg soon for a few days with the family, I've researched the concealed carry laws of Tennessee and I have a couple of questions.

I've read that I can carry into any restaurant that serves alcohol unless posted ... my question is what qualifies as a legal sign?

Also I read on another board that the Ripley's Aquarium was posted but that they provided lock boxes for securing your pistol, can anyone confirm that this is true?

Any 'Gotcha!'s I should know about?

Any input would be appreciated!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  2. Fallguy

Fallguy Citizen

Nov 18, 2007
    Parsons, Tennessee
    A sign with the "Gun Buster" symbol (Circle and slash w/ gun in the middle) is a legal posting regardless of whether any words are with it or not.

If a sign with words only is used, is supposed to contain wording substantially similar to

"AS AUTHORIZED BY T.C.A. § 39-17-1359, POSSESSION OF A WEAPON ON POSTED PROPERTY OR IN A POSTED BUILDING IS PROHIBITED AND IS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE"

Substantially similar means is must contain: 1) The property is posted per TN law, 2) What is prohibited (firearms all weapons) and where (building, room, property) and 3) That possession is a criminal offense.

Can't answer about the aquarium and not really any "gothcas" I can think of.

Hope you have a great trip

3. Fallguy

Fallguy Citizen

Nov 18, 2007
    Parsons, Tennessee
    No Problem

.....and your sig ling has one of my Top 10 best movie quotes ever....