Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Garand M1 Need help and info

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Iamaarmed, Jan 24, 2012.

1. I am looking to sell an M1 Garand . It is somewhat of a rare bird and I am not sure what to make of it. It is a Springfield with the serial number of T5 and that is it. No other numbers.

Several of the parts on the gun are marked with the letters NM. Any help would be appreciated.

As I said I am looking to sell this it would have to be FFL to FFL. bvioiusly I am not sure what to ask as I can find no info on this weapon other than it being a Garand, The serial numbers has me stumped.

2. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    I've never seen a serial number with just two digits. Does it say anything else on the receiver, besides springfield and the SN#?

NM means national match.

IIRC, Garands are C&R.

Are there any markings on the barrel like under the wood?

What do the rear sites look like?

Picts would helpfull.

3. Need pictures of everything. T serial number indicates an experimental model. I didnt see anything in Scott Duff's about a T5 during testing, it might be a WW2 experiment. I'll look through the book and see if I can't find anything, but pictures are needed.
  4. MajorD

Aug 16, 2010
    t5 would suggest it was a trials /experimental model, but the NM marked parts suggest if it was some sort of trial model it was later rebuilt- too many ? to give any sort of answer.
  5. Chuche2

Sep 30, 2010
    East Tennessee
    If you can, post some pictures.
  6. 1gewehr

Mar 22, 2006
    Mid TN
    What is REALLY needed here is a good photo of the rear of the receiver, showing the Armory markings as well as the serial number.
  7. Exactly what I was thinking. T5 could have been a prototype tanker or it could have been a prototype full auto, there is no way to tell without pictures. It is not a trial gun, those were T1-T3.
  8. jrs93accord

Jul 10, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    Here is a Japanese T5 Garand.

Is this what you have?
  9. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    Would it have been marked "springfield"? Wouldn't the Japanese have serialized the receiver?