GAP floorplates/Concealable Control

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by GlocksterPaulie, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Well hello Busted Flush! I'd been off this forum for several months, and when I left, you were off and not posting, and I was worried about you.

GREAT to come back, and see you posting again!

I now have more of the GAP floorplates than I even need, since it turns out that my wife, with her small hands, does not like them. On the other hand, for me they MAKE the 27, one of which, as you may remember, I now own, and carry quite a bit. Did get the problem with it ironed out, by the way, it was the recoil spring assembly, in fact, as I believe you predicted. I'm carrying it more and more, LOVE to shoot it, and happy with it. I'm about to put a Crimson Trace Laser Grip on my 23, relegating it to mostly nighttime carry, and home defense.

Again, GREAT to see your post!

David, aka texLJ

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Anybody use a GAP plate on a 23/19? I have a pair for my 27, and guess which two magazines come with me when I carry it?

Or you could just order so many that they can afford to launch into full (or at least turn their regular jobs into part-time) time work as Concealable Control.

3. It looks interesting to me. I'd like to try it with my G-32. I have a pistol with a similar floor plate and I like the feel of an "anchor" on the bottom of my pinkie finger.

4. Just got some of these for my 27 and I love them. Ordered last Monday and had them Thursday.

5. They make all the difference in the world on my snappy G33. Before, my pinkie was just hanging out in space and I had nothing to secure the bottom of my grip with. Adding these marvels lock the gun in my hand. I love them!

6. Bumping this thread for any answer to this question!

7. I tried one out of curiosity on my G32 (same size as a G19) and it worked just fine. It supported the pinky instead of the ring finger like on a baby Glock. There is a 1/8" gap in the front of the bottom of the mag due to engineering differences. It's just not needed since I get a full grip as is. If you have one, try it!

8. BustedFlush

BustedFlush Springy Member

Tagged for future reference - GAP FRE on 19/23 pics

I did try it. I put the GAP Finger Rest Extensions (GAP FRE) on my 2nd gen 23 and 3rd gen 19 and took pics at the request of another member back in early 2008. It's just not made for those frames, and doesn't do anything for you.

2nd gen 23 with GAP FRE:

[​IMG]

3rd gen 19 with GAP FRE:

[​IMG]

and finally, 27 with GAP FRE (note the little lip on the bottom of the front of grip that mates with the GAP):

[​IMG]

... perfection !!! :)

If you really have giant hands and feel you need something on a compact (19/23/32/38) short of an extension that adds rounds, you'd probably want the Pearce PG19:

[​IMG]

I think if your hands are that big you probably want a full size Glock.

#28 BustedFlush, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  9. Well hello, Busted Flush, alias Travis Mc...!!!

We did cover this issue back then, didn't we?

Hope all's well with you...

texLJ

10. I ordered a pair for my G26 at 2:00 pm today and got an email saying they shipped two hours later.

11. Excellent product for Glock sub compacts. They are completely pointless to put on a larger model.

12. Dolomite

Dolomite Glock Bhagwan

I think so too. Mostly because the G19/23/32 Pearce offerings are better (and a little cheaper).

On the 26/27/33 though, the GAP is king.

#32 Dolomite, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012

13. I thought so as well.......................until I tried it on a Gen 4 G19. For my hand it was perfect!! It serves two purposes: I can get a faster grip from concealment as it actually serves to guide & wedge my hand into perfect position. Of course, as I said, that is with MY hand. YMMV.

14. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

I have mine on G19 as well. Works great for me.

15. I'd like to see the GAP for G42 and G43.