close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gangs

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by packinaglock, Aug 24, 2007.

1. packinaglock

packinaglock John 3:16

May 1, 2007
    Loxahatchee Fl
    The Gangs here in WPB are getting bad ( no wonder I carry ) how are they in the rest of the state?

2. Dont hear too much about them here in Central Florida. At least the media is not focusing on them. There is a lot of tagging in certain areas maybe should have this :50cal: for the car. We still have just a lot of homeless, drug addicts and shady characters. Some of my friends dont understand why I NEVER leave the house with out CCW. I wont take the trash out or walk the dogs. Better to be prepared then be without. Trying to avoid :ambulance:
    stay safe

3. rvrctyrngr

rvrctyrngr Senior Moment

Sep 15, 2004
    Gator Nation
    We don't 'hear' much about gang-related activity around here in Jax....that doesn't mean they aren't here!

4. Mr. Blandings

Mr. Blandings

Jun 20, 2001
    Florida
    The criminal street gang problem throughout Florida is bad and getting worse. The problem has become so serious that a Statewide Grand Jury was recently impaneled to investigate the issue >Attorney General link<.

Odds are, wherever you are in Florida, you have two or more criminal street gangs in your area.

Here are some things to look for in your local news / police blotters:
    Home invasions - most of the time are actually drug related robberies.
    Random shootings, especially at a house - usually a gang related "drive-by".
    Aggravated batteries (fights/beatings) involving groups of people - gang on gang violence.
    Robbery of a business by three or more BadGuys - frequently a gang initiation or a gang related crime.

These events will usually not be reported by law enforcement as gang related initially. Often, after suspects are in custody, there may be a brief mention that the suspects are "affiliated" with a "clique" or a "set". This is usually buried in the third or fourth paragraph of the news story, and can be overlooked if you aren't watching for it.

>Here< is a list of just some of the gangs in Florida that have been formally identified by the Florida Department of Corrections and the cities they are prevalent in. This is just one of 21 pages of information that Florida DOC has on gangs at >this link<.

5. packinaglock

May 1, 2007
    Loxahatchee Fl
    Holy crap Im glad im a heavily armed person, What really shocked me was that Okeechobee had 2 gangs what do they do hang out at the KOA and fish?

6. CTW

CTW Got Beer?

Jul 26, 2007
    Florida
    Getting real bad in Orlando. Every night robbery's,home invasions, ETC. I would say 85 percent are gang, or drug related. You just do not hear it from the media. If you go in a correctional facility and look at most of the young kids in there they are marked with alot of gang related tattos. It's really a shame.

7. Usingmyrights

Usingmyrights Jr Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Thats because our murder problem is due to racism and not gang/drug related.:upeyes:

8. I am not sure where in Central Florida FLGlock30 is, but there are big gang problems in the Orange, Osceola, and Brevard counties. Orange, which CTW mentioned, has a high percentage of crime due to gang related as reported to me by my fiancée who works for the Orange County Sheriff Department Forensics Department. Here in Osceola, where I work with Fire Rescue, we have various communities like Buenaventura Lakes, Poinciana, and Kissimmee that have active various gangs. As a matter of fact, we have been warned by the department that the Poinciana gangs are actively looking to kill cops and firefighters. Osceola Sheriff Department has just started an abatement unit to cover up the gang related graffiti thru out the county. Brevard has surpassed last year’s murder rate, and is quickly catching up with Orlando.

9. Medic, that stinks, be safe over there.

I am more located in the Oviedo, Geneva, Wintersprings area. Even around here the graffiti is getting worse. Problem with these gangbangers is that most of them are Juvies that have no concern for life. So as good law abiding citizens we need to keep practicing and Looking like grissle not Filet mignon. :)

10. CTW

CTW Got Beer?

Jul 26, 2007
    Florida
    I am in Lake county and it is just a matter of time before it flows over to us. It is already coming down 50 into Clermont area just a matter of time. You all stay safe out there.

11. JungleJim

JungleJim

Feb 1, 2004
    S Fla
    Nothing gang related in my city, the rich kids pretending they are 'ghetto' can be entertaining. Driving Mommy & Daddy's $50K car kind of ruins their street cred though

12. Its bad all over florida. Gang bangers in Palm Beach, after committing big crimes, are often caught visiting their gang banger buddies that go to UCF in orlando and FAMU in Tallahasee.

Im a Law Enforcement officer in the Palm Beach County area, and I often point to these videos to show people just how about things are.

The more they record themselves, the more justification every law abiding citizen in the area has in taking one of their lives in self defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HrucqUaaZE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zraXRN2i4x8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ttVNTCUYFc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWD4FFckPPU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vINsNDIZzA8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3_P0TOO-Rw

13. CTW

CTW Got Beer?

Jul 26, 2007
    Florida
    These videos are a good eye opener for the non beleivers out there. I have seen these videos courtesey of a friend who is a Broward LEO. If anyone has any doubt about how these people are then those videos are the cold hard truth. I hope after seing that people pay more attention to there surroundings. For the last three years I have dealt with these types with my job and it was a real wake up for me. I have always been pro gun,carry,etc, but now more than ever.

14. Usingmyrights

Usingmyrights Jr Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    The problem is that they're getting off to easy. They need to close the revolving doors at the jail.

15. CTW

CTW Got Beer?

Jul 26, 2007
    Florida

You are so right alot of times when I see some one in for murder I pull up their past and they have prior violent charges. All they get is a slap on the wrist. These people have no business being in society.

16. packinaglock

May 1, 2007
    Loxahatchee Fl
    All I can say is may God have your ( LEO'S ) backs when ya'll come into contact with these thugs. A couple of monthes ago I was working right outside that neighborhood off Tamarin ave. It is really ugly over there.

17. Kingslayer

Kingslayer My New Title

Jan 20, 2006
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    We've got a really bad gang problem down here in Port Charlotte too. The good news is that they only show up during the winter but the bad news is that they drive really slow...

18. packinaglock

May 1, 2007
    Loxahatchee Fl
    Oh no the Blue Hair's

19. keith56

keith56 BAD KARMA

Jun 17, 2004
    SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
    Who taught baboons to talk and what language where they speaking?