close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gang Activity in the Carolinas ?

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by Eagle22, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Eagle22

Eagle22
    Expand Collapse

With articles like this

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090209/ap_on_re_us/border_spillover_violence

I wonder about gang activity here in the Carolina's?

Turning a blind eye to gangs is not a good thing, and is one reason I think every one should take a proactive stance in self protection.

I have seen activity in eastern wake / Franklin / Johnston Counties, and in the past heard automatic gun fine in the middle of the night not far from my home. No not night time deer hunters. Have those too.

I know the LEOs do a good job but still they are challenged too. Anyone else seen or heard about hot beds and places to avoid?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. MaximaDrvr

MaximaDrvr
    Expand Collapse

Haha, Char-Meck and Wake County Public schools only recently acknowledged that gangs were here. Teachers have gone through workshops on how to identify children that might be in gangs, or that might be targeted for joining.

Most bureaucrats still say that we don't have a gang problem.

3. Eagle22

Eagle22
    Expand Collapse

:rofl: bureaucrats still think that raising taxes will cure everything.

Last week as I was heading home there 8 Sheriffs cars up the road about 1/2 mile from my home.

I thought Oh crap but OK Lic check, No problems.

turn the corner and go though the Sheriffs cars and see that they block off three other cars, and about 6 guys on the ground handcuffed, Deputy Sheriffs in body armor, more guys handcuffed to the steering wheels in their cars, guys in the back of the Sheriffs cars.

Two of those three cars were regular cars that go up and down my road. Even wave to the drivers.

Glad the Sheriffs did what they did. Great job to the Wake County Sheriffs Deputies. Kudos guys.

But hell that scares the crap out of me and my wife that things like that are so close. NO thank you.

Friend of mine lives down in Knightdale. Says an MS13 hot shot or Kingpin lives down the road from him. Actually he lives in a safe neighborhood do this guys family lives there. Go figure.

Still. ...

#3 Eagle22, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  4. Sq1

Sq1
    Expand Collapse

I work in High point and we just went through a gang awarness class and its kinda scary riding down the rd now looking at all the gang related graffitti.

5. Eagle22

Eagle22
    Expand Collapse

That is not Graffiti. Those are Gang Messages and Signatures MARKING Territory.

The Gang awareness classes or seminars might be 20 years out of date. Gangs are far more then Blue or Red hats and jackets or Tilt your hat left means your a member of X or tilt your hat right means your a member of Y.

Far from that. Besides many gang members look quite normal and drive normal cars and SUVs.

Drugs, human trafficking, and gun running are big cash business.

Heck go sit at any rest stop on I95 and watch a while. South of the Border on the NC & SC line USE to be a transfer station or what ever they call them a number of years ago.

Like I mentioned this crap is scary, and border line terrorism in my mind. and why self and family protection along with working with the authorities is important.

Pretending Gangs don't exist is like sticking your head in the sand.

#5 Eagle22, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  6. Eagle22

Eagle22
    Expand Collapse

What can we do to help protect our States, Counties, Cities, Homes and Families?

7. MavsX

MavsX
    Expand Collapse
    The Dude Abides

man there are a lot of gangs here in DC. i was working in DC a few years ago..and there was MS 13 graffiti everywhere. scary stuff man.

8. arj

arj
    Expand Collapse

ms13 tags are popping up all over the place around here...don't know ifs its just some kids trying to look cool, or actual ms13? I pass a mexican apartment on the way to work and the whole back wall is a mural

9. Eagle22

Eagle22
    Expand Collapse

imitators are dealt with. No imitators, only the real deal.

Dont forget there the eastern European groups too. Working on those no money down real estate skeems to quick flip take the cash and run deals.

#9 Eagle22, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  10. CPT_CRUNCH

CPT_CRUNCH
    Expand Collapse
    P.O.W.

regardless of where you live!

11. Eagle22

Eagle22
    Expand Collapse

exactly

12. chuckman

chuckman
    Expand Collapse

Gangs? Here in Durham? Say it ain't so...

13. glocksterr

glocksterr
    Expand Collapse
    DirtyGlockHippy

sad we can fight war after war overseas but not on our own streets.

they are here and we need to be prepared

#13 glocksterr, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  14. MavsX

MavsX
    Expand Collapse
    The Dude Abides

you can say that again

15. TimNC

TimNC
    Expand Collapse

hey guy's new to GT moved to NC from NYC about 5 years ago to leave all that crap behind, but now I'm in a raural town of Fuquay Varina, where my wife has just become a police officer of this town. There is a lot of gang activity here where I live, but atleast now I can ccw and feel safer. In my small town of about 13,000 pop. there are 4 main gangs, MS13, Latin Kings, Bloods, Cripts.

16. JohnHoliday

JohnHoliday
    Expand Collapse

No real comment about gangs, although my CC Teacher worked for the DEA and said there where a lot of gangs in NC.

However, if you live in Fuquay Varina, make sure to eat at Melvins sometime. They have the best Cheeseburgers there.

17. glocksterr

glocksterr
    Expand Collapse
    DirtyGlockHippy

18. Jaxco

Jaxco
    Expand Collapse

deal with gangs first by shipping 30,000,000 illegal aliens back over the border in cattle cars... if you eat at a mexican restaurant, hire one to do yard work, rent to them, use drugs, or do any business with any of their employers, you are causing the problem.

19. Eagle22

Eagle22
    Expand Collapse

Durham, Wake, Mecklenburg, Cumberland counties with the most "police reported" activity from that NGTA 2009 report posted above.

Many gang members moving out of the cities to rule areas to 'expand' their activities and hide from Law enforcement and other gangs.

Plus almost every gang is getting more and more members in the military. And former gang members who served in military are returning to gang life afterwords. Plus returning with special weapons and tactics training from the military.

#19 Eagle22, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  20. chuckman

chuckman
    Expand Collapse

Causing the problem? Even if they are legal? Do much stereotyping?