close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

GALLUP: Romney, Obama Tied (aka: What Was That About a 5 pt Lead, Herbert?)

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Goaltender66, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Goaltender66

Goaltender66 NRA GoldenEagle

Flintlocker hardest hit:

And....ooops.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown...ow-romney-obama-tied-among-likely-voters.html

Gallup Poll to Show Romney, Obama Tied Among Likely Voters

No word on the internals yet. :) Interesting to see if polling outfits are shifting their weighting back to realistic turnout models yet or if they will give it another week.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  2. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

Don't they have to go to more +Dem polling to hold against the tide of debate-driven switches ? .... :supergrin:

3. Goaltender66

Flintlocker...I owe you an apology. Yes, I was very hasty in posting this, taking as I did the word of a third party as to what the poll results would be. Turns out she was incorrect and, well, so is my post. No, Romney and Obama are not tied per Gallup.

Romney is two points ahead.

So hey.... Sorry.

:)

4. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A

Kudos, GT66 -- you are a big man to 'fess up when your post is in error. :beer:

5. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

Nov 4, 2007
    :rofl:

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    I listened to a leftist talk show co-host this morning, confused as to why only one debate caused such a shift in the polls.
    I thought;
    1) The 'shift' had already been there, buried in skewed polling.
    2) There was also the last 4 years.

7. BuckeyePPC

BuckeyePPC

Jun 26, 2001
    SE AZ
    I feel a group hug coming on. :grouphug:

8. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

I have just a hunch that Obama knew some time ago that the game was over. I wouldn't be surprised if he give a somewhat better performance in the next debate but still no a "good enough" one.

When he loses the election he has the scapegoat of "The Debates" that's what caused the loss. "I was leading in the polls 'till the debates, it's the fault of the debates themselves that I lost."

Then we will hear all kinds of theories. "debates are racist/rigged/etc"

anybody feel like making a bet?

9. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky

You know he disappeared for 2 or 3 days after the debate - if you people aren't careful, you'll just drive him into hiding again. Then who'll post "triumphant liberal" threads that are easily and amusingly disproven? Where would the entertainment come from?

10. Obama still has a considerable lead among unlikely voters.

[​IMG]

11. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Outside the perimeter
    So all it took to destroy O's lead was a whipping in the debate? And the bandwagon shifts? All it took was somebody standing up to him, and it didn't happen before because the media was in love with him?

Isn't that sad?

I once read someone had uncovered internal Nazi memos indicating that if Hitler had encountered a Girl Scout troop at the Czechoslovakian border he would have turned back. But no one resisted because they all knew the Germans were invincible. Has the media finally admitted to not seeing O's clothes?

My God, I hope this trend continues.

12. F350

F350

Feb 3, 2005
    The Wyoming Plains
    AND remember with Columbus day there are no poll results out yet that show pure post-debate stats, the total Romney surge hasn't been seen yet.

13. Goaltender66

Pretty much. Remember in 300 when Leonidas tossed that spear and showed the Persians that their god-king Xerxes bled like everyone else?

Just read a fascinating article that makes the case that Obama's campaign strategy has always revolved around maintaining the appearance of winning the polls. A good read.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...lead_resist_the_forces_of_gravity_115721.html

14. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    What a surprise, only NPR has Barry up. Your tax dollars at work.

I'm sure Biden will help Barry by winning his debate.

/Sarcasm Off

PS I actually heard some uber-lib on MSNBC saying Ryan isn't in Biden's class. She's actually right.

15. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

Jul 1, 2011
    This is humorous. You twerps spent two weeks whining about how skewed the polls are and how they oversampled Democrats. Now you're celebrating a poll that oversamples Republicans. If there was every a time to acknowledge your own hypocrisy then this may be a good place to start. But I won't hold my breath.

16. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

17. Goaltender66

Oh? What's the partisan breakdown of the Gallup poll and why is it unrealistic? Also feel free to defend a D +9 sample before you start lobbing accusations of hypocrisy.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

18. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR Silver Member

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Isn't Gallup the very same poll you trumpeted as the beacon of truth a couple days ago?

The celebration is that even in the presence of oversampling, Romney is gaining steam.

19. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    So Gallup has Romney +2.....on a D+4.5 sample. :rofl:

Oops, read the wrong line...Gallup used a D+5! :rofl::rofl: