close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Galco V-Hawk IWB Holster

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by tdfirearms, Mar 14, 2012.

1. tdfirearms

tdfirearms

Oct 25, 2010
    Tennessee
    Does anybody use a Galco V-Hawk for full size or sub-compact Gloc?. I carry a 31 or 33. Pros and cons.

2. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    I have used one for the last 6 months or so with both a Glock 17 and a S&W.
    I really can't see any cons for not owning one. I have been happy with it.

3. saxconnection

saxconnection Run 'n' Gunner

Mar 8, 2011
    Michigan
    I use one for my 19, and it is one of the best holsters I have for my Glock. They are a bit pricey, IMO. For a few dollars extra, you could get a VM2. The nice thing about the V-Hawk is there is no wait, and it is comfortable to boot.

Adam

4. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    I don't have the Galco but I do have the DeSantis Mad Max. It is a copy of the VM2 and it is only $54 from Midway. I highly reccomend this holster. I carry my 1911s in it and have MTACs for Glocks and Sigs. For the price of the Galco, I'd just get the VM2.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  5. dosei

dosei

Mar 22, 2005
    Upstate SC
    I looked at a V-Hawk in a store for my XD-45. I quickly put it back...it is an insanely bulky IWB holster. (But then I've been spoiled by my KyTac Braveheart.)

6. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    One nice thing about the V-hawk, is you can get the steel clips from the King-Tuck and make it tuckable.

It doesn't seem bulky to be compared to anything else of comparable size.

7. AKmik

AKmik

Mar 13, 2012
    Mine should be showing up here in a day or two for a Glock 19. I got mine to hold me over until I can find a VMII without the wait. It looks like a Galco replica of the VMII (my favorite) so we will see.

8. saxconnection

saxconnection Run 'n' Gunner

Mar 8, 2011
    Michigan
    I cannot agree with you here. I have a similar product to the KyTac Braveheart. I find the weight dist. is not optimal at all. The V-Hawk, while it may look bulky, actually fits quite nicely, distributes the weight evenly, and retention is good for an IWB holster. I will say though, that if I had the patience to wait for a VM2, I would get one of those instead, YMMV.

Adam

9. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    Almost forgot... The Mad Max comes with both tuckable clips and leather loops.