close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Galco "King Tuck"

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by 1smoothredneck, May 11, 2011.

1. 1smoothredneck

1smoothredneck
    Expand Collapse

Version of the super tuck and M-Tac. Anyone have one??? How do you like it?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. G26AZ

G26AZ
    Expand Collapse

I have one that I carry my G19 in. I find it to be comfortable, but can't make a comparison to the other two mentioned above because I've never tried them. It holds the weapon securely in one spot, and the weight is nicely distributed becasue of the wide leather backing, and the distance between the belt clips.

3. 1smoothredneck

1smoothredneck
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the reply. I am also looking at one for my gen 4 19. I know M-tac
    "slide" version will accept a 26, 19, or 17 size pistol, with just more or less slide sticking out the bottom... Do you think this is the case with the galco,
    or is it more model specific??

4. up1911fan

up1911fan
    Expand Collapse

I can say "cheap knock off", can you?

5. 1smoothredneck

1smoothredneck
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I can. I must also say Galco has never let me down for quality. I have an old NSA model i must have had for over fifteen years. Still working fine, just a bit worn. It was a "cheap knock off" of Mr. Ayoobs' fine design for Mitch Rosen, the ARG. Maybe I'll just call it a cheaper, value priced knock off????
    Anyway, I've been really looking at the M-Tac for my 19, and the Galco seemed a possibility.
    Be Safe

6. TSAX

TSAX
    Expand Collapse
    USAF Vet

Galco usually makes good stuff but it does seem like a knock off.

:50cal:

7. hamster

hamster
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

Crossbreed itself is a knockoff design. Whats good for the goose...

Personally I like the option of not having to wait 4 friggin weeks for a very standardized holster. Homestly there is no reason other than poor production planning that companies like crossbreed and raven concealment make you wait so long for holsters for stock guns like glock 19.

For light and laser options i understand, or for mom and pop shops, but for the love of all that is holy, when you have the blue gun for a g19 out and are molding a kydex shell just make 100 of them or 500 in a batch. Geeez

8. glockurai

glockurai
    Expand Collapse

Got one for my pm9, used it once, then sold it. Its not as comfortable as my supertuck.

9. BailRecoveryAgent

BailRecoveryAgent
    Expand Collapse
    Rude Member

Everything that isn't "The Answer" by Tucker is a knockoff so it being a knockoff isn't really a big deal. Afterall, how many companies make pancake holsters, someone had to be the first didn't they? Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I think anything more than $45-50 for a hybrid holster is too much. $8-10 worth of leather, $2 worth of kydex, $.10 in rivets and a buck or two for metal clips doesn't constitute an $85 price tag, or even $60 for that matter.

Someone on this forum, I think it was JasonD, had an issue with the way the kydex was formed, it was causing the front sight to hang up on the draw. Not sure if its a recurring issue or not, but something to consider. My local fun store has some in stock so you might check out some where you live and fit check it with one of their guns in person before you buy.

10. swinokur

swinokur
    Expand Collapse

The actual price of a product is more than just the cost of the materials. Salaries, insurance rent, taxes, etc. are reflected in a product;s price.

As to delivery times, even with good planing if overwhelmed with orders even a well planned operation can get bogged down. Others have decided for their own reasons their quality may suffer by growth. Milt Sparks Holsters is a 6 man shop that produces some of the finest holsters available and they refuse to become larger. Waits for their product is 6 months. Of course some folks don't want to wait so other options are out there. But to blame production delays on bad planning just isn't always the case.

11. HerrGlock

HerrGlock
    Expand Collapse
    Scouts Out
    CLM

I bought one. Wore it twice. will never wear it again. I hate the thing.

Sig 220/245/226 if anyone's interested for half of retail.

12. Bashful

Bashful
    Expand Collapse

I recently picked up a G19 and G26... and I picked the King Tuk on a whim while I was cruising a Cabella's. When I carry my Glocks IWB, I'll use the King Tuk. I don't feel any difference between it and the Supertuck or MTAC (which I have for other handguns).

13. Jason D

Jason D
    Expand Collapse
    INFRINGED
    Silver Member Millennium Member
    1. Project Mayhem

I know I posted here about my King Tuck before, but I can't find that post now.

This condensed version is my post from another well known forum.

14. Sr. Bang Bang

Sr. Bang Bang
    Expand Collapse

I carry a S&W 60 with a 2" barrel in a "king tuck" from Galco, and I couldn't be happier. It conceals well and is comfortable to me. I can see how a semi auto with different sights might get caught up when drawing a gun, but for a revolver it works great.

15. 1smoothredneck

1smoothredneck
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the replies! Good stuff there. Guess I'm leaning back toward the M-Tac...

16. Gear

Gear
    Expand Collapse
    Silver C/O
    Silver Member

Very good! Now can you say awesome holster? Better fit and finish then the Super Tuck. Cheaper and available ASAP. Hm seems like a good deal to me. I carry one everyday and I LOVE it. I LOVED the price even more. :supergrin:

17. jakebrake

jakebrake
    Expand Collapse
    cracker

king tuk? i own one. carry a g17 and a g22 with it. it is comfortable, darn near invisible, and was priced better than the cross breed. and, oh yeah....didn't have to wait 6 weeks to get it. cant go wrong.

#17 jakebrake, May 12, 2011
    Last edited: May 12, 2011
  18. jakebrake

jakebrake
    Expand Collapse
    cracker

jason, need a home for any galco holsters? say , for a 1911?

19. Cyclops99

Cyclops99
    Expand Collapse

I tried one on a local gun show and didn't really care for it. First impressions when I put things on are big for me, and it didn't seem to be all that comfortable. Although the other Galco IWB's I've got are very good.

20. txinvestigator

txinvestigator
    Expand Collapse

I have the King Tuck. Extremely confortable with a full size 1911, so much so that I often forget I am wearing it even when I get home.

Best IWB I have ever owned.