close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Galco Ankle holster...WOW!

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by pspez, Jan 13, 2013.

1. pspez

pspez

May 3, 2006
    Coconut Creek, Fl
    I bought my wife the leather ankle holster for her LCR .38 for Christmas. So this morning before we decided to take a motorcycle ride up A1A, I ask if I could where it with her gun in it. I got to tell you, It was great. Now I am trying to decide if i want to get the holster for my 27 or get another LCR for me. Anybody carry your 27 in the Galco and if so, give me your thoughts. Thanks.

2. jamaicanj

jamaicanj

Nov 25, 2007
    Florida
    I have a galco ankle glove for the g26/27. It is very comfy and worth every penny

3. G36_Me

G36_Me

Aug 4, 2009
    We need some pics and model number of the holster.

4. pspez

pspez

May 3, 2006
    Coconut Creek, Fl
    I dont have any pics but the model number for her LCR is: AG118

5. chemboy

chemboy

Jun 9, 2004
    Idaho
    The Galco 'Ankle Glove' for the G26/27/33 is very nice. Watch out if you have larger than average calves, however...you may find they don't fit under your jeans! :cry:

6. Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Mar 1, 2000
    Pennsylvania
    I have the Ankle Glove for my S&W 642. It is very, very comfortable. I plan on picking one up this year for my G-26.

7. I have one for my G27 love it I whore it yesterday it is so comfortable I forget I am wearing it.

8. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    As soon as bell bottoms come back, I'm getting one.

9. My day-to-day wardrobe includes Wrangler Cowboy-Cut jeans. If I am wearing low top shoes, the Galco Ankle Glove is worn, holding my Kahr CM9.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very well concealed and outstandingly comfortable, the Ankle Glove is a good way to carry a back-up-gun.

People don't tend to notice minor bulges around other peoples' feet and ankles anymore than guns carried discreetly on one's waistband.

For the past two years, I've worn this rig at the State Fair of Texas and had no problems at all.

10. Cream Soda Kid

Cream Soda Kid

Jul 16, 2010
    Colorado
    I have one for my Smith & Wesson J-frame, it’s very comfortable. I plan on getting one soon for my G26 & G27.

11. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    You mean your not down with the skinny jeans :faint:

:rofl:

[​IMG]

:50cal:

12. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I have 2 ankle gloves, for PPK and G26/27, but I don't like them (both were free). I prefer the uncle mikes ankle holster about 10 to 1 over Galco. Uncle Mike's has a more secure buckle, holds the gun close and with less movement (and conceals better) and allows me to reposition the thumb break, since a pull-up snap works better than a thumb break when you have to pull your pants up to get to the gun. Not to mention I can buy 3 Uncle Mikes for the price of one Galco.

13. Wow, that's a visual. lol:supergrin: Wore it?

14. We issue a Glock 27 and a Galco Ankle Glove to each of our Officers for use as an off-duty gun and/or back-up gun while on-duty.

15. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Louisiana
    How well does it conceal while seated? I just got a DeSantis Apache ankle holster. So far I like it (wearing it right now). But it has had a slight tendency to slip down.

So I ordered the knee-strap to help keep this from happening, but I notice your Galco looks quite low. (Or is it just the photo?)

My Apache is for a small Taurus .38/.357 revolver and is elastic. Both the pouch for the pistol and the body of the band. I sit all day in a W/C so sitting concealment is very important for me.

And just a tip I read by Mas Ayoob. When you go to pull up your pant leg, grab ABOVE THE KNEE!!! If you knew that, fine. If you didn't, try it. Big difference.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  16. As stated above, I wear Wrangler Cowboy-Cut jeans, and I buy them two inches long, to wear with cowboy boots and ropers. The photo showing the Ankle Glove concealed was taken while I was sitting down.

Normal length trousers would probably ride up too high while seated. As with all concealed carry, one has to dress around the gun, which results in some wardrobe changes for many.

17. ICARRY2

ICARRY2 NRA Life Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Ditto. Love it too.

18. I have one for my j-frame and my 27. I have thick calves and no problem. I buy my pants 2'' longer so they don't ride up to high while sitting. the 2'' longer also adds so camo so you don't print while standing. the trick with the Ankle Glove is finding the ''sweet spot'', just tight enough but not uncomfortable, then marking it. also, it takes a bit getting use to wearing one but after that you will hardly know it there.

19. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    Great fit.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013