close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G38 Shells hit me in the face today :(

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by Monoxcide, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Monoxcide

Monoxcide
    Expand Collapse
    Another Gapper

It's been a while since I've posted or been able to actually go to the range due to work/school + ammo shortages. I decided to purchase some Georgia Arms Canned Heat (500rds) due to the price and nobody else having any factory GAP ammo.

I had one box of Speer range ammo and shot that first, one or two shells hit me in the forehead or the arm but I account that to possible limp wristing as I am very rusty.

Then I moved on to the Georgia Arms ammo and I have about 20-30 burns on my arms and forehead due to shell casings flying directly backwards at me. It got to the point that I was wincing every time I shot expecting to be hit (they hit me almost every time).

On my last range trip (several months ago) I was using federal ammo which seemed to fly to the right over my shoulder.

I'm assuming its probably an ammunition problem (which sucks seeing I have 300+ rounds left) but in case something was actually damaged what should I be looking for? During cleaning I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary except the fact the Georgia Arms ammo left a bunch of crap in the barrel.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. mhmills

mhmills
    Expand Collapse

Try a new trigger housing w/ejector, or tweak the ejector you already have. My G37 did the same thing when I first shot it.

3. Scamp

Scamp
    Expand Collapse
    Geaux Tigers!

I just read this post and there is a link to an article that talks about the problem your having. Below is from the article.

Some models, notably the G19 and G30, will occasionally eject to the rear and bounce a spent casing off your right earmuff. If that bothers you, a good gunsmith or factory-trained armorer can tweak ejector and extractor to fix that. And, for heaven’s sake, use only Glock magazines! There’s not an aftermarket unit out there that I’d trust.

4. DannyR

DannyR
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Millennium Member

It is either an ammo issue or an operator issue--grip/stance/posture.

5. Monoxcide

Monoxcide
    Expand Collapse
    Another Gapper

With the Speer box (50 rds) everything went perfectly fine except for two rounds which I'm pretty sure was my fault.

It has to be the ammo, I tried correcting my grip/stance multiple times and every time was rewarded with a casing to the face. Once I can get a hold of some NIB ammo I'll test it out again.

The gun has had about 1000 rounds through it. No issues until now with the ammo change. I just hope they didn't damage anything.

6. mhmills

mhmills
    Expand Collapse

My G37 did not run right until I replaced the ejector. Its only a four dollar part.

7. Cappi

Cappi
    Expand Collapse

it's not uncommon with my mild/moderate reloads.
    rare to never with factory stuff

..L.T.A.