close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G36 needs redesigned frame

Discussion in 'Thin to Win - G36 Club' started by Thekat, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Thekat

Thekat Millennium Member

Jan 21, 1999
    I love the size of this thing, but I really wish they would get rid of the half assed looking extension on the mag. It serves no purpose and a full grip with the same capacity and flush fit mag would eliminate the pain in butt pinching I experience. I hope they bring this out in a Gen 4!

2. Dave T

Dave T

Jan 5, 2000
    Mesa,Arizona,USA
    Couldn't agree with you more. I sold my G36 because every time I shot it I got a blood blister on the ring finger of my strong hand. They say one of the after market +0 floor plates will cure the pinch but I remain skeptical. Your idea would be even better.

Dave

3. tkdkracker007

tkdkracker007

Mar 12, 2009
    Sycamore, IL
    Pearce extensions are cheap, and I'd bet that would cure this problem completely.

I've only been pinched a couple times with the regular mag bases. I haven't been pinched once with my Pearce +0, nor when I had +1's.

4. tuica

tuica

Apr 28, 2009
    Portland,Oregon
    Really varies with shooter. My G36 has never pinched me with regular or Pierce +0, but my best friend gets pinched.

5. 12c27

12c27

May 6, 2007
    Catskills
    Not to stir things up...too much...but the frame is made of plastic...that said it is really easy to "re-shape" re-contour what ever by gently filing or sanding until you have a custom fit. Being left handed, I always round off the mag release, otherwise I get cut up. Same with the finger grooves, a tiny bit of plastic material removed can make a hugh difference with comfort and shootability: for example- I rounded off the trigger guard where my middle finger got raw from rubbing, a small bit of removal and I'm good to go no more pain. These are plastic castings (frame) and some edges need finishing work is all I'm saying! Don't take a hack saw to the thing, but a tiny bit of plastic removal can go a long way to hapiness!