G36, How do I get the bed liner off the gun?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by PickwickDamCop, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Ok guys, I am buying this Glock 36 from a buddy. He bought it in it’s current condition and has had it about two years. I have shot it a few times and like the size with the reduction but hate the texture. How do I get the bed liner off the gun so I can clean it up for a new texture? The trigger guard was done well but the grip area is a little jacked up.

Thanks.
    [​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Favorite movie one liners. Uncategorized Oct 2, 2008
    Replacing channel liner in a few hours, question General Glocking May 9, 2015
    dimensions for barrel liner tool Gunsmithing May 4, 2015

3. You could use some sand paper to smooth out the current texture some, then retexture. A delicate hand and a dermel tool will make it go a little faster.

4. If it is actual bedliner material, it may pick off with a sharp instrument- find an edge and start cleaving. If it is the actual polymer, just stipple on top of it. Hope you got a bargain.

5. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Just a thought, maybe dip in boiling water to soften it up?

6. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

If it were mine I'd send it to Lane @ Cold Bore Customs. By the way, I'm positive that, 'aesthetic abortion' can be fixed.

http://www.coldborecustom.com/Services.html

(After watching what GT's, 'Genin' can do with a soldering iron, I don't think there's anything on a Glock's frame that can't be skillfully resurfaced. Ya just got have a little experience and know how.)

7. sand it smooth and put an A-Grip on it.

I hope you are not paying for the miscarriage

but are getting a considerable reduction--in price.

#6 lethal tupperwa, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  8. You can save your pennies and cut up a bicycle innertube to cover it up-- great bubba grip-- and be done.