Glock Talk banner

G36 - Glock's Finest Offering?

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  tooouter 
#1 ·
After carrying the G36 for three months and firing eight different manufact.'s types of rounds - leaning towards the thought that this may be Glock's best CCW pistol. Flat, relatively short barrel, has shot flawlessly every round - and 45ACP. Sure I will get some objections to this, and we all have our favorites. I write this mainly for those who resisted purchasing the G36 due to some bad (? - or just rumor?) early examples. Buy a newer one and anticipate much CCW satisfaction. Cheers

#2 ·
Yep, I have to agree.
I normally carry a 21SF but on certain occasions I carry my 36 and it is a great gun that is very easy to carry and conceal.
Mine has gone through 7500 rounds and I am dreading the first malfunction.
I'll be shocked by it.

#3 ·
Thanks Jim - that 7500 round count is comforting. Any modifications to that 36?

#4 ·
Took my 36 to the range today.......
Ate everything I fed it..WWB, Federal, Speer....185, 200, 230...FMJ/JHP....
Recoil isn't much higher than my 26!!!
Of course, .45 ammo is somewhat pricier than 9MM....
But buying in bulk can save some serious $$$$.....
And if you reload.....well, you can do the math.....!!:cool:
All in all.....the 36 is a lotta gun...in a little package...
(BTW....just ordered 2 extra 36 mags from Express Police Supply....they're closing out their Glock inventory...$18.95 each....FREE SHIPPING!!)

#5 ·
Thanks Jim - that 7500 round count is comforting. Any modifications to that 36?
Actually most of the mods are on the outside. I took off the finger bumps, rounded the trigger guard, undercut and rounded the edges of the trigger guard, added XS Big Dots and a butt plug that fills in to the back of the magazine. Don't remember which brand it is.
Internally it is stock other than a Wolff non-captured guide rod and all Wolff springs. A nice polish job on the internals as well.

#6 ·
Thanks Jim. And yes, 45 ACP is more expensive than some other calibers, but have been a fan of that big, slow round since the 1970's. And it may be used in defense of you, and your loved ones'. I'll bear the extra cost.
Cheers

#10 ·
The G 36 really works for me as a concealed carry. I have had this weapon since Feb.2002 and it reliable,accurate and easy to shoot. The G 36 was designed for concealed carry and Glock certainly did a great job with it. There is a lot of BS on internet about this model. I have found it to be rumors or folks that did not learn to shoot the weapon. If anything ever happen to my G 36 it would replace by another G 36. I usually carry Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel rounds.

#11 ·
I carry mine at 3 o'clock outside waistband in a Glock Sport/Combat holster. Tough to beat for under $15. Good Luck.

#14 ·
Does anyone use a Sidearmor IWB holster for their G36?
What are some IWB holsters that are preferred for the G36?
Thanks
When I carried the G26 as EDC, I bought a Crossbreed Supertuck...and LOVE it!!
The 36 fits perfectly in it....I carry all day, every day.....and I honestly don't know I'm wearing it...even sitting down!
Lots of VERY happy CBST owners out there!! Mark makes a GREAT product...and a warranty that can't be beat!!

#16 ·
Glad to see this thread...very reassuring. I just ordered a G36 and a crossbreed holster last week and I am anxiously awaiting delivery. I was really torn between the 36 and the 30. I carry a 21 and liked the idea of using the same mags with the 30, but finally decided I wanted better concealment and took the chance on the 36. What I was really after was something I would carry everywhere everyday to replace my .38 snubby and the 30 seemed just a tiny bit too thick. Thanks for the peace of mind!

#17 ·
Funny, 4mm difference in thickness between G30 & G36 does not seem significant - until you compare the view from the rear/front/top. Good Luck

#19 ·
Yes, the G36 is absolutely their finest offering. It's the only Glock that I actually like. Put some Henie's on it and a +0 mag extension to made it even better. I also have a G20, I tolerate it only because it's really the only hi-cap 10mm game in town.

Now, if Glock would make a single stack .357 Sig a-la-G36 I'd be first in line. Maybe they could also shave a mm or two off that width?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.