close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G36 FTE, extractor problem

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ColdDayInHell, Jul 16, 2012.

1. ColdDayInHell

ColdDayInHell

Hello Glock Talk,

I bought a brand new G36 2 weeks ago and have put 47 rounds through it before tonight. A few hours ago, I went to the range and put 3 rounds through it and had a FTE. This was the first problem since I bought the gun. The shell was almost extracted but I had to rack the slide to eject it. I don't know if it was a bad round or what. About 20 rounds later, I got another FTE. Then I had a FTF, the round was pushed up against the steel feed lip. I'll post a picture of the magazine to see if it's normal wear but the plastic around the steel lip wore off a little bit. This could be the gun breaking in, I don't know. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The gun was clean before tonight's range trip and was not over-lubed.

*Sorry, the ammunition was Remington UMC .45 FMJ RN. The previous box I had was Federal Champion, which ran great.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  2. Glock Master

Glock Master

3. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

What does, 'FTE' mean? In your situation I'm going to say, 'failure to eject'. Good news, though! Of the several things that might cause this I honestly believe that the problem is ammunition related. I'll offer the following suggestions:

1. Go back to Federal, 'Champion' or, 'American Eagle' ammo. You can, also, use: Remington/UMC, 'green box' or Speer, 'Lawman' for your practice sessions. Get yourself some real SD ammo, too. At the end of the break-in period run 50 rounds of high quality SD ammo through the pistol and see how it handles.

2. Load up your magazines and leave them that way for several days.

3. 'Over lubing' a new polymer frame pistol is NOT going to cause a problem. The only thing you want to avoid is getting oil directly into the slide channels. Myself, and a lot of other Glock shooters I know, run our Glocks a lot wetter than anything that's usually recommended on the Internet. In fact, on a new polymer frame pistol I always grease the slide rails and tracks.

4. You won't know anything about that new G-36 until after you've got, at least, 300 rounds through it; and 500 rounds would be better.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  4. ColdDayInHell

ColdDayInHell

Yeah a FTE is a stovepipe jam. My mags were loaded for days and I had the Remington green box UMC ammo. I also have 185gr Golden Saber SD ammo. Thanks for the reply. I might be limpwristing, this gun is a beast haha.

5. Vapor Trail

Vapor Trail

I had the exact same problem with my 36. I put 1500 rounds through it, changed rsa, extractor, Glock armorer checked it out, did the same thing for him. I used tons of different ammo, including +p. Never got it to work right. Must have just been a lemon. :steamed:
    Most people don't have the issues I was having.
    Traded for g3 21sf, and much better now. Sorry it's acting up. Hopefully it will work itself out. It is a beast.

6. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

If it's a problem with only a specific brand of ammo, I'd say you have your answer.

By the by, I find Remington UMC to be the weakest and crappiest ammo I've ever shot.