close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G36 Flush Magazine

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CRglocK41, Apr 6, 2013.

1. CRglocK41

CRglocK41

Mar 31, 2013
    So I've seen a post from a while back of someone who did this but they haven't been active in awhile to explain how. So here's my try. (Not yet completed)

So far I simply measured for the plate and the tube to see if it would look right and so far I love it. Now I am still trying to figure out how to actually attach the plate without any failures.
    Once I do this I will explain what I did, just in case some of you out there have been looking to do this. As I've been searching for a flush mag for my 36 ever since I got it.
    In the meantime. Any suggestions for the attachment would be great. Otherwise I will figure it out

2. CRglocK41

CRglocK41

Mar 31, 2013
    So the baseplate is now attached. I simply heated the bottom of the mag tube with a small butane torch and with a flathead screwdriver I made a new lip for the plate. It fits great! A lot of nit picking and tedious work getting the lip heated and even, but I'm the end wasn't that bad.
    Loads 5 rounds perfect. Cycles all 5. Slide still locks back when empty in case someone out there was wondering if it would be too short.

This May not be for everyone. As a matter of fact some are probably thinking why I wasted my time doing it. Lol. I like it. Its something I wanted. So if anyone else is interested, ill answer any questions for you.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. G19ftw

G19ftw

Dec 28, 2009
    Wake Forest, NC
    Glock needs to make this, I would buy a 36 immediately if they did. It would do me no good with the grip extension, I only like flat baseplates on my subcompacts. Another member did a similar thread a few years ago. He drilled a few holes and used wire to attach the baseplate.

4. CRglocK41

CRglocK41

Mar 31, 2013
    Yes that was the thread I was referring back to. So I tried it myself. Turned out great! And the baseplate is super sturdy yet can still be removed.

5. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Jan 3, 2012
    NW Ohio
    Looks good, nice work...

6. CRglocK41

CRglocK41

Mar 31, 2013
    Thanks lyod

G19, I'd be happy to do It for you. As long as you pay shipping and a few extra bucks for the labor :).

Only if you're interested. Wasnt trying to sell anything here, I just really wanted this for a long time and figured someone out there would appreciate info on how to do It.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  7. gimme-three-steps

gimme-three-steps

Jun 23, 2010
    I would suggest that you may want to re-think the modification of the G36 mag. The 36 got some bad press in the past for not being a good CCW due to it having many failures to feed. Most of these failures happen after a modification was made to the mag(+1 or+2 addition) .The G36 is my EDC and have found it very reliable , Remember it is a Glock, if it’s not broke don’t try to fit it !

8. Georg of Ohio

Georg of Ohio

May 30, 2010
    The G36 is also my EDC. Any work which is done on a weapon which you are betting your life on, must be done only by a trained gunsmith (even then, I always run a few hundreds rounds thur it after any repair).

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  9. Glock 23 Nutter

Glock 23 Nutter

Jul 28, 2010
    I don't think you are really thinkin' this thing through.

The "+1/+2" mag extensions Increase the length of the mag, thereby Reducing the spring effectiveness. This little mod should Increase the spring effectiveness as well as feeding reliability.

As long as the base is secure, really secure? Go.

Ideology aside, this is an Outstanding contribution - the only mod I would consider doing to my G36, and one Gaston should have done Years ago.

Please post a blueprint so that I can steal it, and then mass produce'em in Me'he'co. :supergrin:

Nutter

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  10. PaLEOjd

PaLEOjd

Jun 1, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Does the floorplate actually stay attached to the magazine after you mentled it to make it smaller? What is the advantage of the magazine floorplate sitting flush against the bottom of the pistol grip? Every magazine I own has a small space between the floorplate and grip, no issues at all. What was the problem you had with the way Glock designed it?

This is a perfect example of bubbah-smithing at it's best, terrible idea IMO. There is no way that design is better or even close to being as reliable as the Glock design.

11. I carry a 36 daily and find it very easy to conceal so for me, losing a round in the mag is not a good trade off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. CRglocK41

CRglocK41

Mar 31, 2013
    Just put 75 rounds through this mag. Drawing and reholstering to mimick self defense situations. Not one malfunction. Shoots great.

And for those of you who dont like what I did, I did this because I like it. And for the same reason when I get my 26 that Im not buying the extensions for that either.

13. mglindo

mglindo

Nov 1, 2012
    If your pistol functions as designed and is reliable I see no problem with your modifications. If you are happy with it, that is all that matters!

14. CRglocK41

CRglocK41

Mar 31, 2013
  15. Would you mind posting a picture from the back of the magazine?
    Thanks
    Cherokee Slim
    (who EDCs a G36 all the time)

16. D4RWlN

D4RWlN

Nov 5, 2005
    Southeastern, AL
    Outstanding!

17. CRglocK41

CRglocK41

Mar 31, 2013
    Sarcastic? :rolleyes: lol. Thanks. I think it turned out pretty decent for my first try. Might pick up a few more mags and do a couple more. Maybe throw them up on the Bay see if anyone's interested

18. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    thats a big gun for only 5 rounds in a magazine.

19. CRglocK41

CRglocK41

Mar 31, 2013
    Ill always have my backup 6 round mag but. Having 5 rounds to protect myself is fine by me. Ill only need one anyways :D

Ill buy purchasing my G26 soon also so half the time Ill be carring that too. 10 rounds is quite enough