Glock Talk banner

G36 appreciation thread

18K views 99 replies 74 participants last post by  weblance 
#1 · (Edited)
As no one ever comes into the "Thin to Win" room, I'm starting a G36 appreciation thread..

Seems the G36 is taking off now, as more folks discover it's virtues.
The G36 traffic in General Glocking has been on the rise in the past few months.

Count 'em off....
How many G36 owners do we have here now?

#27 ·
I bought mine last Sat. and its been great. It fits my 19/32 holster and i carry it alot now. I have shot 185's to 230's in GD's and GS's most in +P and some S&B 230 FMJ all went flawless. I have nothing but good to say about the 36.

#32 ·
Probably tomorrow. I had one many years ago and it seemed to me that I needed to put Pearce +0s on the mags but I'm not sure why now. At any rate I think I have one in my near future. - 'ole joe :cool:

#35 ·
Probably tomorrow. I had one many years ago and it seemed to me that I needed to put Pearce +0s on the mags but I'm not sure why now. At any rate I think I have one in my near future. - 'ole joe :cool:
My hands are so tiny that I can actually hold the G36 with all four fingers on the grip. Just barely, but I can.
Even so, I very much prefer the Pearce "+0" extensions.
They just feel better and to my eye they look much better, for what that's worth.

#36 ·
My hands are so tiny that I can actually hold the G36 with all four fingers on the grip. Just barely, but I can.
Even so, I very much prefer the Pearce "+0" extensions.
They just feel better and to my eye they look much better, for what that's worth.
I now have a brand new 36 and have ordered some ammo so I can get it to the range. I have a Blade Tech IWB left over from my old 36, and my 19 MTAC slide fits it perfectly. I'm really anxious to get it going. If I have no problems then I'll get a couple more mags from Greg Cote LLC Mags and four Pearce +0s. I spent a lot of time in Thin to Win last night checking how the new 36s are performing and you all convinced me that all is OK. Thanks. - 'ole joe :cool:

#38 ·
I sold my original one yrs ago, and bought my OD in August. I worked up some light and hotter loads for it in the Thin To Win room. Be careful with the hotter ones; they throw the brass about twenty feet; probably are +P.
Had no problems of any kind; recoil is fine. Primers not flattened; ejected brass looks fine. Got some of these loads from Canyon Man on Thin To Win.
Use with caution.
Don't buy too many SWC's; mine won't eject the fired case, as the rim hits the rim of the next SWC in the top of the mag.
I use RN, plated, Remingtons, XTP's, commercial SD loads, all with no problems.
Enjoy your gun, Dee.
Sonnytoo

#43 ·
yep, I have one. Shot it today at the range.

#44 ·
Glock 36 my fav handgun. I hope to add 30sf soon.
IMO,don't waste your time with the 30sf.
After shooting the 36,you won't shoot the 30sf....If ya want a bigger .45,get a 21.

#46 · (Edited)
Purchased my G36 a little over a year ago, and it is far and away my main CCW-with Pearce +0). I know this as I jot down which one I carry each day and save the calenders (have since 1983!) The next Glock that gets toted in quantity is the G39, and in the summer, the Ruger LCP. HNY!

Further breakdown on 2010 CC if interested:

G36: 81 "carries" G39: 25 LCP: 29 XD40SC: 21

G23: 14 G37: 12 SW40VE: 9

#48 ·
I bought my G36 quite awhile ago ... 2001, as I recall.
I've always had affection for small .45's, including two Colt Officers Models, both of which were flawed enough I dumped them eventually.
The G36, however, met my expectations and more.
It's as reliable as my 1911 but lighter and much more concealable.
It's as durable as the Rock of Gibraltar.
In my Crossbreed Supertuck, I literally forget sometimes it's there. But if I need it ...
I bought it as a carry gun years before my state allowed legal carry. I hedged my bets and for once got it right. :supergrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.