close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G35 questions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Ronbars, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Ronbars

Ronbars

I stopped by my LGS to pick up a new G34 I've been thinking about for some time and was also shown a used G35. The price on the 35 was too good to pass up so they both followed me home. I noticed some differences (other than the caliber, of course)...

The new 34 has an adjustable rear sight and 4.5 lb. trigger as expected, but the used 35 has a plain old fixed rear sight and 5.5 lb. trigger (the label confirms this). The 35 is a blue label gun -- are these items missing because of that or did they make running changes between the test fire dates of 1/2010 for the 35 and 12/2010 for the 34?

Also, the frame of the 35 has a half-moon cutout at the lower edge of the grip where your pinky would rest (pic 1). The 34 doesn't have this cutout. The cut is perfectly uniform and I it doesn't appear to have been made after the fact when I look into the gun from the mag well (pic 2). The new 34 doesn't have it and I don't recall any of my other Glocks having it either -- the only reason I even noticed it is because there's a couple of VERY tiny burrs at that edge that I felt with my pinky. I see some Glock stock photography shows various models with and without this cutout -- was that a running change as well?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Blue label Glock 34/35 guns come with a standard connector unless you order them from Smyrna and request it that way.

I'm sure more answers will be forthcoming :supergrin:

3. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Some full size frames have the crescent cut-out on the front strap, others don't. I haven't seen any pattern to it. Perhaps the full size frames made in Smynra don't have the cut-out and the ones made in Austria do have it.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  4. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

blue label 34/35 have standard connectors and fixed rear sights.

The cutout seems like an aftermarket job.

5. Ronbars

Ronbars

The 35's frame only says Smyrna, GA with no mention of Austria and no AT on the barrel -- the slide is roll marked Austria, however. The location may very well be the reason for the cutout.

6. Ronbars

Ronbars

Thanks for the info, I suppose it makes sense that blue label guns come configured that way. As for the cutout, I was also leaning in the aftermarket direction but check this Glock stock photo out.
    [​IMG]

7. SCC

SCC Member Me

it's not aftermarket ...

8. SARDG

SARDG

I have the cutout on my OD 34 and 17 and it helps when ripping mags out of the gun in IDPA. "Drop-free" is often not fast enough.

9. Ronbars

Ronbars

Makes perfect sense, thanks for the clarification!