Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

G34 Trigger/Sights

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by kmittleman, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Hi all,

I'm looking to improve the trigger break on my G34. It seems to have a lot of accuracy potential, but I never really know when it's going to go off. Also, any opinions on better sights for this thing?

I mainly will use this for competition / target shooting.

Thanks in advance!

2. duke77togo

Apr 27, 2009
    Yeah, the trigger pull is lighter on the G34 because of the - connector, but I agree that it is not a very consistent trigger for me either. You have at least two options:

(1) Switch to a standard 5.5# connector. That will give you the same trigger pull as other stock Glocks.

(2) Switch the trigger spring to a NY1 spring. That will give you the NY1/- connector combo that a lot of people like. It has a 6-6.5# break and has a lot of positives for me as far as reset and break.

Hope this helps.

3. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Dec 17, 1998
    Welcome to GlockTalk Kevin!

Please feel free to enter a little info on your shooting background and experience in your profile, it makes it easier to give good info.

Based on your observation that you 'never really know when it's going to go off', I'm guessing that you know something about how to squeeze a trigger correctly and are looking for a clean, crisp, single action type trigger let off (trigger break).

Of the two options suggested by duke, #1 is probably the better one. Adding a NY1 trigger spring to a '-' (3.5/4.5) connector simply results in a heavier, but still creepy, let off.

Does your G34 have a '-' connector in it now? It would be the 'normal' one for it. If you aren't sure, check the box label, if it says '4.5 lb' trigger, it would have the '-' connector with a coil spring.
  4. Thanks for the reply. I'm not an expert by any means, but have found that I like my 1911's trigger or my Ruger BH's triggers.

The box does say 4.5 lb so whatever type of connector that has.

Part of what I hoped to get was an APEX like trigger like my M&P now has. The M&P now has a bit of take up, but definitely has a clean break. My Glock does not. However, I really like the Glock and when I'm really concentrating, it seems to be very accurate.
  5. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

May 19, 2008
    The Gunshine State
    Which APEX kit is on your M&P, the best setup on my M&P was the FSS kit.

For the Glock, for competition, I would NOT put a NY trigger spring. I have been pleased with the Lone Wolff pro trigger:

This is on my "competition" Glock, I would not carry with this setup. But it does it's job well for comp. If you want something like the FSS kit look at the Fulcrum trigger, but like the FSS kit it's not cheap.

Good luck.

6. I have the Duty Carry Kit. I wish I got the FSS kit in retrospect, but ended up getting the DCK because my M&P doesn't have a safety. Will any of these connectors fix the mushy trigger break?
  7. Fire_Medic

May 19, 2008
    The Gunshine State
    The crispest "break" I have found on my testing has been with the Ghost "rocket" connectors. This is the one with the tab that has to be fitted, not the drop in connectors.

This was my first time using the LW setup I linked, I ran it this past Friday and saturday in a class and an IDPA match and was VERY happy. While the break is not as crisp as the ghost setup the reset is still shorter than stock, and I like that with the Ultimate Trigger Stop you can adjust the pre travel. I still left some decent travel until I get more accustomed to the setup but that's what I like is as I get better I can adjust the travel, it's not fixed. And again I repeat, this is for a competition gun only. I still have my stock setup for carry.

It's a cheap investment to try out in comparison to the price of the ZEV triggers and the Vanek setups.

Just my $0.02. So many people preach stock and blah blah blah, for a competition gun I see no point. No one says a word to people tuning 1911's and 2011's, but change a connector on a Glock and folks go bonkers, makes no sense to me.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  8. jr05

Jun 9, 2007
    I also use the ghost rocket kit for my g35 for IDPA and like it a lot. I have installed them in a few of my friend's guns too and they have worked equally well in theirs. They are easy to install and I think the resulting triggers are a great improvement over stock, and you can't beat the price even for the full kit.
  9. blkt6

Jul 23, 2004
    Fire Medic, where do you shoot IDPA at? I'm in Palm Beach and thought about trying it out.
  10. Fire_Medic

May 19, 2008
    The Gunshine State
    I am now soon to be adding a third club to shoot with, lol. I'm hooked. I shoot with TSSA over @ Markham Park, they are now doing matches at the new Longshot Range in Homestead as well instead of Trail Glades. I also shoot with Keys Shooting Club in Key Largo, and now Tri Point IDPA is a new club over in the Glades off of I75 towards Naples, at the Altair Shooting Facility.

Send me a PM if you have any questions. Tri Point will probably be closest to you.

11. Gperfection

Sep 27, 2005
    N.E. Colorado
    As far as sights go, I like these 100-005-125WB
    Sevigny Carry Rear, Black Serrated Front, from Brownells. They are Warren Tactical. I like them because they work for both, competition and carry.
  12. mboylan

May 11, 2007
    Look up Charlie Vanek. He has the best Glock triggers for competition. There is one for Production/IDPA and one for Limited.

For sights people like Sevigny, Novak and Dawson Precision.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  13. LCSO067

Feb 27, 2014
    Look into a Vanek trigger from and the HD Full Black rear sight with a Fiber Optic front sight.