close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G34 Them dang sights

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Tom D, Jan 19, 2013.

1. So I've looked at about everything available in fixed and I know I don't want anything electronic.

Ive had my eyes checked and my glasses are trifocals that do not allow me to focus on the front.

Today i put a piece of yellow electricians tape on the face of the front then used a ultra fine Sharpie and made a tiny mark about the size of a pin head centered at the upper edge.

When I take off my prescriptions and just wear safety eye wear I get a perfect crisp front sight picture. I set up my rest at 20 yards and shot an .800" 10 rd group. I'm thinking of talking my slide to an Optometrist and see if I can find a prescription that will allow a good front site focus but also provide a little help with the target, Any futhur back the target (4" black) is gone or the 6 o;clock edge is gone.

What is the target black size at 25yd and 50yds for bulls eye shooting?

Next question. Has anyone ever shot a semi-auto preferably a Glock (and Id guess I's use a frame mount) with a EER scope like a Leupold 2.5X?

My eyesight at 66 years young aren't quite so anymore so Im thinking a little outside the box. I like punching paper and love my 34 and would like to settle in at 50 or so yards.

Any ideas? I gotta be able to identify the 6 o'clock edge and I think its going to require some magnification

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Have a pair of shooting glasses made with your dominant eye lens focused on your front sight and your weak eye lens focused on distance.