close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G34 Sight for GSSF & Atlanta Arms & Ammo 147gr

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyII, Jun 7, 2012.

1. DannyII

DannyII

I have the Warren Sevigny (.215" green fiber optic front) on my 17, and like that set-up.

For my Gen4 34, what front should I use for GSSF if I'm shooting the Atlanta Arms & ammo 147gr GSSF load, the .215" or .245"?

Also, I now have a MGW rear sight pusher. Any issues with installing these myself? I have installed the Ameriglo I-dots just fine on a couple of my Glocks, but I'm wondering if these require fitting, instead of just pushing them in.

Thanks! :wavey:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  2. PsychOfMSE

PsychOfMSE

I use a G17 with the warren Sevigny .215 red FO front and the AAA 157g GSSF load. In my sights I prefer the widest rear notch and slimmest front post I can find.

3. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

They'll be tight. Just crank them on with your sight pusher.

4. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

I get my Warren/Sevigny sights from
    http://www.cpwsa.com/warren_sevigny_sights.htm

They say the longer slide Glocks, 34/35 should use the taller front sight. But depending on that exact load.... it might not be just right.

Dawson sells front sights that work well with them if you need to change it, they're not too much. There's a formula to tell you the exact height you DO need if you're off. Buy that one from Dawson, and their CS will let you exchange that one for another if you're still not happy.

Front sight heights are *very* load specific. So you have to settle on one load to achieve desired POI.

5. DannyII

DannyII

Ron59 - Yeah, the last set I bought was from them, too. I was happy with the purchase, and the sights on my 17.

I know the .245" is "recommended" for the 34, but I was just wondering about the POA/POI from someone who actually has them on their 34, and actually shoots the AA&A 147 grain ammo. It's a tall order I know, but I figured I'd ask before ordering, just in case.

6. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh

I think I have a .245 plain black serrated sight you can try if you want.

I never used it.

I have to check.

7. Justin1911

Justin1911

I have the .215 on my 34 and have used AA 147 in the past. POA/POI was fine, I don't remember exactly but if it was more than about 2 inches off it would have been an issue.

Actually have these sights on all my glocks, only had to use the .245 tall on a 26 of all things with my reloads. So go with the standard .215 for your 34

8. DannyII

DannyII

PM sent

9. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh

I do have the sight. I reember it being .105" thick and .245" tall. Measurments with my calipers show about .005" smaller. Just PM me a shipping address and I will send it out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  10. DannyII

DannyII

PM re-sent.

Thanks!

11. DannyII

DannyII

BTW - I emailed Sevigny Performance about this issue because I know Dave Sevigny used to run the AA&A ammo 147 gr through his G34, and used these sights. I was pleasantly surprised that Dave himself replied within just a few minutes! :shocked:

Dave suggest I use the .215 for that combo, and the .245 for hotter 115gr ammo. With his suggestion, maybe now my gun (and me) will somehow be as accurate and fast as his, right?

I suppose he knows a thing or two about competitive shooting! I'll go with that!

12. elcid96

elcid96

FWIW I have a g34 gen 4 and shoot 147 grain and have tried the .215, .245 and .265 dawson front sights. I initial had the .215 and it was shooting high at 25 yards. I used the formula and it suggested approximately .270. I currently have the .265 and they are dead on at 25 yards. Hope it helps. T

13. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh

I have a g17 gen 2 with .215. Shoot a couple inches high at 25 yards with115 grn and dead on with147 atlanta arms