close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G34 optics query

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by GoGlock, Oct 24, 2011.

1. GoGlock

GoGlock

I was playing around with the idea of adding a red dot to my G34 for GSSF. So far I've come across the C-More system that uses the rails. I've seen shooters at matches with a side mount "bracket" that holds the optics.
    1) What optics are used with the bracket mount?
    2) Who makes the bracket mount?

For those that use either the bracket or rail system for their optics what do you use and how do you like it?

Thanks.

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

I'm guess you mean a SJC mount for CMores. It requires modifying the frame to take threaded inserts for the screws. You can find both here:

http://www.bb-enterprise.biz/productCat44930.ctlg

I use the CARVER Custom rail mount system and think it is better than the SJC mount mostly because it doesn't require modifications to the frame to make work and to me it's a lot easier to take on and off.

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I second the Carver Competition Mount and the C-more set-up. It sets the dot low over the slide and is rock solid while shooting. The B&B Enterprise web site Ed noted above has it all. As was noted the SJC Mount is a fine mount however the frame must be modifiedwhile with the Carver Mount there is no mod needed to the frame. It is recommended that you have your ejection port lowered slightly and My Carver has that covered as well with professional work. Also if you decide you want to make your Glock back to stock it take maybe 5 minutes and you're good to go.

Don

4. mike g35

mike g35

I 3rd the Carver Competition mount, best in the buisness.

5. njl

njl

There's lots of options. It seems everyone now makes their own version of the Optima2000, which are small enough they can be attached to the slide using the rear sight dovetail.

Tasco (out of production/distribution)
    J-Point (picked up US distribution of the "Optima2000")
    Docter
    Burris
    C-More
    Trijicon
    probably a few others

I've even seen custom mounts made that allow attaching a C-More slide ride to a Glock slide using the rear sight dovetail (and I think they drilled and tapped one or two holes for the front end of the mount to attach to the slide.

6. mike g35

mike g35

You cant go wrong with the Carver Mount it will serve you well. Are you planning on adding a compensator, magwell, or other extras? I have a G34 racegun and I know all about how you have to tune them and what problems you may run into.

7. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

I use a Carver Hunter model in red(the fastestcolor). I've had it on several caliber pistols, with no need to do a port job.
    Of course, it sits a bit higher than the comp model, but it allows me to use the dot or iron sights.

8. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Yep, RIKI that is another good option. I have that setup on a G37 and it works great. Of course the gun is in Texas A & M colors. No need to lower the ejection port that way.

Don

9. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Rikki, my first CARVER mount was red, not because red is a fast color but becasue red is sexy and I'm, well...................... anyway I don't have the red mount any more.