Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

G34 barrel for a G31C

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JesseA, Nov 4, 2012.

1. JesseA

JesseA Glock Historian

Oct 7, 2012
    Shawnee Oklahoma
    Does anyone have a G31 and purchased a G34 barrel? I was at my local Gun Room talking about my plans to buy a G17L or a G34 and he told me to buy a G34 barrel and save my cash. Has anyone done this? I'm fond of the idea but still want a new Glock!
  2. sig357fan

Apr 8, 2008
    SW OH
    A G34 barrel has a smaller outside diameter than a G31 barrel, though I’ve read posts on GT about some using a G17 barrel in a G22 (similar to what you’re asking about), I’ve not read anything about long term use.

To shoot 9mm in my G31, I use a LWD “40 to 9” conversion barrel. The 40 to 9 barrel is the same length as my stock G31 barrel. The conversion barrel and a G17 mag is all I use to shoot 9mm in my G31, no other parts are changed out and I’ve shot thousands of 9mm through my G31 this way.

I also have a LWD barrel in 357 Sig I use to shoot cast bullets in but in a G35 length, work just fine.

So if you want to shoot 9mm in your G31 and have a stock length barrel (4.49 in.), get a conversion barrel for the G22/31. If you want the barrel the length of a G34 (5.32 in.), get a conversion barrel for the G35. If you want longer yet (6.02 in.) get a conversion barrel for the G24. If you want longer than that, contact the manufacturer and see if they can make you a custom length barrel.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    You were given incorrect advice. Don't do it.
  4. plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
  5. JesseA

JesseA Glock Historian

Oct 7, 2012
    Shawnee Oklahoma
    Thanks for the advice, I'm sure glad I didn't buy it. I think I'm going to stick with my plan to buy the G34 or G17L Saturday.