close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

G33 Cor-Bon 125 JHP w/ pics

Discussion in 'TOP GUNS *357 Sig* Club' started by BlutoBlutarsky, Jul 23, 2010.

1. I took the Cor-Bon 125 JHP with me yesterday too. I only got to test one because of the Speer GDHP failure that took out 2 extra jugs. The CB clocked at 1356 from the G33 and made the biggest splash of the test group. the first jug was pretty much scattered. The bullet left a couple of petals and fragment through the first 2 jugs but still penetrated to the back of the 3rd jug. Recovered weight was 86.8 gr. So far the CB JHP 125 has been the most accurate factory load I have found and even though it is slightly hotter the recoil feels less to me than the GDHP LE load.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  2. jeffreybehr

jeffreybehr Silver Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    Hmm...looks a bit thin-jacketed to me, like the .40-cal. Nosler 135. I like bullets that don't start separating in waterjug tests.

3. Yes, they did fragment like I had been hearing but I was pleasantly surprised to see it penetrate as deep as it did. I wouldn't be afraid to carry them if I ran out of XTP's.

4. The expanded diameter for anyone interested was .511 at the widest and .506 at the smallest.

5. glocknbruce

glocknbruce

Mar 7, 2010
    Kentucky
    1456 fps??? man that is smokin from a G33.....awesome load.....

6. Yes that would be smokin' Unfortunately that is a typo. The correct velocity was 1356 fps. I wish I could get 1450 from a G33 :supergrin:

7. AKsRule

AKsRule

May 24, 2006
    PA
    :eyebrow:

If it goes completely through TWO water jugs it will certainly
    enter and exit a human torso ( unless bones are struck )

8. RYNOCG201

RYNOCG201

Nov 29, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    water jug penetration has a far from perfect correlation with human soft tissue penetration. I believe that water penetration depth is approx 1.6-2 times that of ballistic gel or soft tissue. This has been discussed in other threads, check out caliber corner.

That being said I have seen what a .357 sig does to a jug of water and I would NOT want to be hit by one!